Big Love!!

by 4mylove 19 Replies latest jw friends

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I love the show. There are so many similarities to JW's in so many subtle ways. I love watching the female dynamics though because they hold power amongst themselves. I find that intriguing and coming from a big family of 7 girls with lots of independent female influence, I can see the appeal to some women who feel a sense of belonging to that sort of sisterhood.

It's a great show - last night's episode was hilarious!

sammieswife.

• 4mylove
    4mylove

Sammie,

Did you love the swimsuit!?

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I thought it was pretty cute on her but we laughed ourselves silly over that scene! The whole episode last night was a hoot because they stretched the tentacles of the show out so far, we have enough story lines to last for the next 2 years!

The scene with the boys digging into the ashes was priceless! ...and the birth control pills - the cardigan...fantastic, fast moving script last night!

sammieswife.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

love it too!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

OMG, the CARDIGAN!!!!

Ok, how about Kathy? Her hubby to be seemed to be really in love with her-and now all he has (again) is insane, inbred Wanda(who I am strangely sympathetic to, considering her homicidal tendencies:))

• restrangled
    restrangled

I am a big fan....and find that the LDH as depicted is very close to the JW's... Not so much the multiple wives but the attitude that women are here to serve the men. Also the clothing these women wear.....good God...too close to what I use to have to wear to school.

The puffed sleeved, down to past the knees scenerio. During the 70's this was "the" outfit for JW women from 90 to 10 years old, during the mini skirt era.

Same age as when facial hair on men was considered a no-no.

The "first wife" syndrome, was very typical of elder's wives. Then you had the runners up, and those dieing to get the position.

Watch this show and you are watching JW"s.

I love the term "God Squad"......if that wasn't the elders,!!!!!!!????? .........

• rebel8
    rebel8

I noticed all that too, restrangled.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers the Gunne Sax attire when everyone else was wearing mood rings and miniskirts. I've been accused of exaggerating about that. I even had the french braid down the back and the enormous underwear. Spooky. I mean, this is NY, not the prarie.

It's no wonder I do not own pink or floral prints to this day.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Rebel, you have me laughing............

I only wear black underwear, no skirts and only high heels, boots, and tight jeans/not that I look the part at close to age 50..I guess I am making up for lost time.

But nothing like bootleg jeans, and some great boots! (after JW prairie skirts and underwear!)

• rebel8
    rebel8

Me too. It's my secret desire to attend Fashion Week in NYC sometime, if I can figure out how to get tickets. Maybe some day when I don't live in Antarctica, I will be able to wear fashionable clothes year-round.

Remember these?

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Hey, I aspired to a gunne sax dress. I thought they were be you tea full!!!

Braids were kind of popular when I was in HS. Or maybe I just liked them. Remember Sarah Ferguson and the big bows? I so could have been a fundie mormon:)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit