EXOTIC WATCHTOWERS

by cameo-d 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Hey cameo-d, this is a respectable site. Please don't post stolen images

How was I supposed to know they would be so touchy?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Fjtoth: but seeing evil in the name "Watchtower" is seeing evil where I doubt there is any

Fjtoth, I did not say anything about the name; I said the CONCEPT and the STRUCTURE. Those are very different terms and meanings from "name".

" wonder what sinister meanings lurk behind the concept of watchtowers.

There has to be something very evil here since one of the most vile religions I know of has named its foundation after this structure."

Unclebruce: an interesting metaphor to explore in understanding the organization's true nature.

That is my point. Thank you.

Fjtoth:Because of the danger from attacks by enemies, nearly all ancient and even more recent nations and tribes had their watchtowers.

I believe they were also used to hold captives and prisoners. Have you never read the story of Rapunzel?

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I'm with quirky on this one, can we get the erotic Watchtowers?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

A@G:

I'm with quirky on this one, can we get the erotic Watchtowers?

I think only the pedophiles would find something erotic about this. This is a quote from my second post on this thread:

To maintain these dynasties, it is believed that sometimes ritualistic marriages were arranged between

brothers and sisters, and even fathers and daughters. It is this practice that may be reflected in these

legends that surrounds the Maiden Tower.

Perhaps the "maidens" were held captive in the watchtower for this purpose also:

The right claimed by certain "sons of judges" to take the maiden heads of poor men's brides is,

apparently, the ancient and well-known jus primae noctis which, as the droit de cuissage, was still

reputedly exercised by feudal lords in Europe during the Middle Ages (see 36:4).

(read "sons of judges" as "sons of god" having been given 'authority' to speak and act by god in judging and ruling mankind)

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Jehovah's Witness piety requires a separation of the 'faithful and discreet' to their own tower that bit closer to heaven.

• Beta Male
    Beta Male

thats funny bruce

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

A good read said to be demonised.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Sri Venkateswara (Balaji) TempleThis temple is one of the most important Vishnu temples in India and is also the richest. It is the most visited temple in India and is one of the most visited religious places in the world. The average income of the temple is $25,000 (10 lakhs rupees) a day. It has an annual income of 5 billion rupees (125 million dollars) a year. The TTD banks Rs 40 to 50 crores (12 million dollars) yearly. The Hundi (Deity box) collection is over 5 million dollars yearly. It is not unusual when they open this box at the end of the day to find gold and platinum coins and bricks inside.

Foreigners may be asked to sign a paper saying they believe in Hinduism. If they sign the paper, they can enter the temple.

(Got no money to pay the Deity? They will take your hair!)

You can visit the huge head-shaving center, which looks something like a South Indian temple. Devotees offer their hair in expectation of pleasing the Lord. Head shaving (tonsuring) is done by many people (many of them women). The hair is sold for wig making, and these proceeds are used for increasing the prosperity of the Deities and the upkeep of the town, etc. Three or four crore rupees (over a million dollars) is raised from this process each year.

http://www.vaisnava.cz/clanek.php3?index=10&no=167&hl=ANO

Someday, when similarities of all religions bring about unity, it will be interesting to see how Watchtower might be linked to Hindu / Buddhist teachings.

• cameo-d
  • Black Sheep

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit