EXOTIC WATCHTOWERS

by cameo-d 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

The meaning of the tower card in the tarot makes interesting reading and applies well to the WTBTS.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

http://pro.corbis.com/images/RE007292.jpg?size=67&uid=%7B51F58946-5D50-46D7-8ABA-AF014A6E4380%7D

This is an ancient watchtower in Afghanistan. Notice it also has a tree motif design near the top. I am sure the tree has some symbolic meaning.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

This reminds me of your tarot watchtower.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Hey cameo-d, this is a respectable site. Please don't post stolen images

I love that Afghanistani tower.

In the tarot, the tower symbolises a cycle of crash burn and rebuild.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

In the animated series, Superman visited the Watchtower and found a lot of interesting things inside.

http://www.freewebs.com/watchtowerkarma/superman.html

Superman visits the Watchtower but sees no GB there

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

There's plenty wrong with the Watchtower Society, but seeing evil in the name "Watchtower" is seeing evil where I doubt there is any. The word "watchtower" appears 36 times in the Bible, and related words like "fortress," "guard post," "rampart" and "watchmen" appear hundreds of times. Because of the danger from attacks by enemies, nearly all ancient and even more recent nations and tribes had their watchtowers.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

g'day fjtoth,

personally I don't see anything evil in the term itself but the brand Watchtower is an interesting metaphor to explore in understanding the organization's true nature. There is certainly nothing 'evil' implied in the tarot (at least I hope not - my card being 'the tower').

An apostate goat tower:

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

unclebruce:

the brand Watchtower is an interesting metaphor to explore in understanding the organization's true nature.

In what way?

A watchtower has been in use by religious organizations since early times. Many churches today have either a steeple or a watchtower. Today's steeples descended from the belltower and the belltower descended from Medieval watchtowers. My only reason for taking issue with the tenor of this thread is that the thread seeks to find evil where there is none. Little wonder JWs give no credence to attacks on their religion when they can point to threads like this one and say, "There, you see, our enemies are merely trying to find fault. If they're wrong on this topic, how can you trust other things they say against us."

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel
    My only reason for taking issue with the tenor of this thread is that the thread seeks to find evil where there is none. Little wonder JWs give no credence to attacks on their religion when they can point to threads like this one and say, "There, you see, our enemies are merely trying to find fault. If they're wrong on this topic, how can you trust other things they say against us."

Ironic, isn't tht the same thing the Watchtower does when it criticizes those who wear a cross or have other objects that at one time were associated ith pagan influence? Does that mean there should be a double standard about this, criticise other religions for their symbols while the Watchtower gets a pass for theirs?

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I thought you said "Erotic"......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit