The interior of your vehicle....how do you keep it?

by restrangled 29 Replies latest jw friends

• DJK
    DJK

My truck is quite clean except for a few coffee stains on the seat. I'll try that Tuff Stuff, thanks for the tip.

I usually have an empty coffee cup (paper) in the cup holder during the winter for an ashtray, just in case the electric windows are frozen. Iy's a new cup everyday.

My truck has a rollover warning posted on the visor so I keep my CDs in the glove box. Secured, they won't become missiles if I should have a rollover.

• DJK
    DJK

Any lingerie in my truck is mine, just in case I have a rollover.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Before I got married I took alot better care of my car. Nowadays you're likely to find a copy of "Crisis of Conscience" hidden underneath an old McDonald's bag behind the seat.

• PEC
    PEC

If thier car is full of trash, thier house is probably the same.

Philip(of the, there is no trash in my car, sheep class.)

• Plummet
    Plummet

I use 3 layers of floor mats per seat to keep my nice Truck's carpet clean. Factory mat then aftermarket carpeted mats, then two cheap rubber mats on top.

No armorall cause it dried out and cracked the dashboard in my other car.

I use Plain Ole Shaving Creme to clean carpets with, spray Shaving Creme over the car carpet stain, tack a damp cloth and rub it in, wait a couple minutes, rub it really good with a damp cloth, allow to dy and vacuum. Takes the stain out and leaves your car smelling fresh everytime.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Man this is one of my peaves. Gotta have the vehicle clean. Mine is clean enough to eat off the floor. If you have stains in carper or seats use Blue Coral. That shit is dynomite.

• Priest73
    Priest73

I keep mine spotless , save a few dozen beer cans.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Wow, I am so impressed with so many of you"guys"...good for you!

I think most girls keep thier cars pretty clean.

But for those of you traveling in an open garbage can.....,it doesn't reflect well on you personally....and for heavens sakes, does nothing for the resale value of your car or truck.

Take the time and clean up.........you will feel better! I promise!

r.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Restrangled, I was thinking about your thread tonight as I was cleaning out my car . I do need seriously to vacuum and shampoo the car. Winter time gets it ugly fast. First warm dry day I get this week that is what I will to do (looks like Wednesday). I try to keep it clean. Over the weekend, the car is my rolling office for work. It gets a bit cluttered on Sat/Sun. Drives me nuts.

Front seat: I have stuff for work (paperwork, work orders, door hangers, etc.) and a travel mug. Cell charger and bluetooth. Oh, there is a toner cartridge (that will go to Office Max tomorrow) I do eat in the car sometimes...but there is NO food wrappers in my car...I take that and throw it out in the first trash can I find (and recycling goes home). Today I ate an orange in the car. The peels are making it smell real nice, so I am leaving those in overnight. I will throw those out in the morning. Natural deodorizer. lol I declutter the car on Sunday night when I get done with most of my job (which is over the weekend).

The back seat has just a few of items: my gym bag (so I dont have an excuse not to go to the gym), my hat (yes, that hat..the original...I have 3 backups lol). An umbrella. And a snow scraper. That's it. The trunk has 1) a big green Rubbermaid container that holds some extra work stuff, some things to clean the car; 2) a small tool case for when I do a rare cable disconnect. 3) A small box to throw aluminum cans into which I then transfer to a big bin in my garage. (ok, I am a closet hobo, picking up cans on the side of the road...can prices are down now, so I am storing them in sealed bins in the garage until prices go back up). And 4) a small bag to put remotes and cable cords into until I get them to the office.

I drive a 4 door Honda Civic

PEC:

If thier car is full of trash, thier house is probably the same.

True that. I have a small stack of newspapers in my living room that I let pile up this week that need to go outside to the recycle bin, that will be done in the morning. quick story... I met a real nice girl on eHarmony. She lives about 5 hours away. Have not met her in person. I can tell we are not compatible already. How? When I mention cleaning house or dusting ceiling fans, she pokes fun at my "domesticity." This tells me she is not so much. Combine that with her 90 pound Doberman.... that she lets sleep in her bed....I like cats and dogs, but....nah... good friend.,....would be bad girlfriend/wife.

Snakes ()

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Take the time and clean up.....

That's what my ex always said. I felt better, not because the truck was clean, but because it kept her quiet for a little while.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit