Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 02-22-09 WT Study (JESUS PURPOSE)

by blondie 12 Replies latest jw friends

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Blondie -

I think the number of angels is derived from Revelation, where the verse says "ten thousand myriads of angels" were ministering to him. ( however the numbers in Revelation are touted as mostly symbolic when it suits the Witchtower)

But in the Gospel Jesus does say he could call upon myriads of angels to save him from his crucifixion.

What annoyed me was that in this article they say how unique Jesus is, yet elsewhere they claim he is the archangel Michael, who is described in Daniel as merely ONE OF the Princes.

HB

• JeffT
    JeffT

To be honest, the WTBS lost me at Paragraph 2 on this one, I just scanned the rest of it. They quote Jesus "no one comes to the Father except through me." But we all know that what they really teach is "no one comes to the Father except through us."

As ultimate reality said, most of them don't know their own position on mediatorship. A couple of years ago two JW's stopped at my door (both men about my own age, I'm pretty sure the one doing the talking was an elder). I said that as a Christian I couldn't accept the teaching that Jesus was mediator for only a few.

He said "We don't teach that."

"When did that change?"

"We've always taught that Jesus is mediator for everyone."

I told him to check the 1989 Watchtowers and get back to me. I never saw him again.

• bobld
    bobld

Thanks, Blondie.

Q11,12 The FDS say Jesus is the "one mediator between God and men" that is (spirit-anointed christians)

the 144,000.So where was the visible 144,000 organization from 33 C.E. TO 1874 C.E.

Yet in todays WT they say "Those on Earth(other sheep) don't have Jesus as a mediator."

BOB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit