That Old Whore

by cameo-d 51 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

of Babylon has been around for quite some time.

I thought it might be fun to show some pictures of how she is portrayed in other cultures.

This is what she looks like when she gets really p****o**.

• flipper
    flipper

CAMEO-D- Am I correct in assuming your picture is of a angry, methamphetamine induced whore from the country of India ( Hindu ) who is pissed at her husband's unfaithfulness ? Just my take. LOL! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

That looks like the Hindu goddess Kali to me. She has nothing to do with "the old whore". She works with Shiva the Destroyer.

BTS

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

One thing I find weird about this pic is that Kali is usually depicted with 8 arms. Here she only has four.

Rev.7:1 - And after these things I (John) saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

----------

Rev. 13:2

2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

All these symbols are present in this pic as she is in Destroyer mode.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

That looks like the Hindu goddess Kali to me. She has nothing to do with "the old whore". She works with Shiva the Destroyer.

What makes you so sure that these symbols and stories have not permeated every culture from long ago? Different cultures will have a slightly different spin on the same thing. The world is not to be expected to be totally uniform as the WT would have you believe.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Here's another one. This was rendered in 1809 by William Blake.

What is the thing on her head?

In Russell's book (mentioned on an earlier thread) she wears a pope fish hat.

• Priest73
    Priest73

I thought this was a thread about my mother.

• dinah
    dinah

I'm just your average Jezebel.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Hey guys....the pics at this website look eeriely familiar.

They seem to be very similar to WT magazine art.

According to the info these illustrations are being used in mainstream religion.

You gotta take a look at this and tell me what you think.

(Yeah, I know it's an aside from topic....but it's a 'find")

http://www.revelationillustrated.com/shop/default.asp

http://www.revelationillustrated.com/gallery2/Ezekiel.htm

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I think you've got the wrong goddess. The whore of Babylon in Revelation 17 is a parody of the goddess Roma, whose temples were in Smyrna, Pergamon, Sardis, and Ephesus (the very cities to which the book was addressed), and who was depicted in Roman iconography as sitting on seven hills (cf. the "seven hills on which the woman sits" in 17:9). As in the case of Roma, the whore personifies the city of Rome (cf. 17:18, "The woman you saw is the great city that rules [present tense, i.e. the city that was then ruling] over the kings of the earth"). The following chapter describing the destruction of "Babylon" refers to merchandise that specifically were imports to Rome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit