New Mormon website despicting itself as Christian

by mouthy 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

The whole thing of Joseph Smith and the gold plates is a myth. Otherwise the plates would be on display in a museum or the Mormon temple.

Can't you say the same thing about the original manuscripts for the Bible...where are they? There are only copies floating around, and the "newest" copy is over 100 years from the actual events. And for those that say who can believe J. Smith saw Jesus; who can believe Paul and Stephen saw Jesus?....oh that's right, millions of Christians. And to the faithful Jews at the time of the Apostles, the biggest CULT around was Christians. (the "heretics"). What it comes down to on both sides is faith.

Definition: "cult" - someone elses religion

• sacolton
    sacolton

Joseph's Myth?

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi double edge,

"Can't you say the same thing about the original manuscripts for the Bible...where are they?"

The bible as a literary work and its history (as opposed to faith in what it says) has been more researched than any other book. Obviously, we don't have the copies that Moses wrote of the original five books or even Paul's letters. However, there were scribes who's full time job was copying and checking the accuracy of the copies of the OT and this culture carried on with the NT letters and books. Discovery of Dead Sea Scrolls was enough to verify the bible, its authenticity and accuracy IMHO.

"What it comes down to on both sides is faith."

I agree. The important thing is that JWs and Mormons have a much different faith to my own. On the surface we all "believe the bible" but our core beliefs which are totally different and actually opposed. Then there are those who have their faith in other gods, many gods, "no god" etc. We all take are choice and live and die by this choice.

All the best,

Stephen

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I don't think this website is an official Mormon website, but rather the creation of a very enthusiastic member.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit