New Mormon website despicting itself as Christian

by mouthy 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mouthy
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

If they say they are Christian, who is anyone else to tell them they are not?

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

If they say they are Christian, who is anyone else to tell them they are not?

I agree. I also agree with the one and only REAL Christian (Christ) as referenced:

Luke 9:49-51 (King James Version)

49 And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us.

50 And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.

• Chalam
    Chalam

False teachers with a "new gospel" and "alternative doctrine". Nothing much has changed in 2000 years.

1 Timothy 1:3-4 (New International Version)

Warning Against False Teachers of the Law
    3 As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain men not to teach false doctrines any longer 4 nor to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. These promote controversies rather than God's work—which is by faith.
    2 Timothy 4:3-4 (New International Version)

3 For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

1 Timothy 4:7 (New International Version)

7 Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives' tales; rather, train yourself to be godly.

The whole thing of Joseph Smith and the gold plates is a myth. Otherwise the plates would be on display in a museum or the Mormon temple. The "endless genealogies" thing is for Mormons too.

All the best,

Stephen

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well if you want to believe the Mormans are Christians, your free to think it ..

But in MY opinion they are just as cultist as the WT

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

They are cut from the same cloth.

They are both rooted in Freemasonry and paganism.

Both JW and Mormons are now listed as "christian" in religious information sources.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Sadly, it's not exactly a nice group to be associated with.

"Christians" don't exactly have a stellar reputation on the world scene. When you examine their collective conduct they have caused much pain and suffering in this world.

The Oracle

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Sadly, it's not exactly a nice group to be associated with.

"Christians" don't exactly have a stellar reputation on the world scene. When you examine their collective conduct they have caused much pain and suffering in this world.

The Oracle

That's right, Oracle. As a matter of fact, don't know if people are ready to hear this yet....but most "christian" churches have a link to Freemasonry.

And most of those big fine stand-out gaudy buildings were built by....guess who???

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Satan?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I was looking at some statistics the other day.

They noted that, in the USA/Canada, the percentage of the population that is considered Christian varies from 0.1% to 75% depending on who is defining 'Christian'.

Cheers

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit