South Africa. Court saves JW girl's life

by jakes 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• llbh
    llbh

What a sensible decision,I you reread an old thread ' who pays the ferryman?' by Hilary_ Stepp you will see the most cogently argued argument against the WTS i have ever read.

David

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

Saw that in the newspaper. Missed the report on TV. That is good news! Who at 3rd Degree do we e-mail? Debra Patter?

Agent Smith

• dozy
    dozy

What kind of parents would stop a 12 year old (or 4 day old baby) from having a transfusion? Ridiculous.

Here , the HLC advises a "don't ask , don't tell" policy to prevent the inevitable court action. JWs are told to sign disclosures asking that any kind of treatment may be used and the doctor assures them that they will do their level best not to use blood , but can't guarantee it. Must be a different system in South Africa (or maybe the HLC are more stringent in applying Brooklyn's directions)

• jakes
    jakes

Agent Smith, Loubelle,

I will post the e-mail address later. Maybe we can get more people from JWN to e-mail. That way they can see that this is an issue affecting people worldwide and not just here in South Africa.

jakes

• jakes
    jakes

Okay folks,

Here it is. The person to e-mail is Peter Moyo who is one of the producers of the show. Peter's e-mail is [email protected].

I suppose Debra Patta's e-mail will be along the same format. On the website Debra's e-mail goes to [email protected].

Let's send in as many as we can folks and see if we can get coverage on this issue. Feel free to mention the other issues in your e-mails such as the peadophile scandals, organ transplants etc. apart from the blood issue. Those are the topics that the general public will be interested in.

I will see if I can get Bill Bowen from Silentlambs to e-mail as well. He has already mentioned to me that if we need help here in SA we can contact him.

Best of luck.

Robin Jackson

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

Mine is on its way.

Smith

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Hi jakes - thanks for that. It's been something I've wanted to do for a while & I think that with this having quite a wide coverage, it will still be fresh in the minds of those that watch the news. Debrah Patter is the person for the job - she is a brilliant journalist - I have a lot of respect for her very direct approach.

I will definately be sending my email.

thanks again!!

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

The Peter Moyo address does not work....

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Hi agent smith - yup it bounced back. the info one does - that went through!

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

Self same. Info address works....

Hope something good comes from this.

Agent Smith

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit