Old habits die hard-Sisters only.

by QuestioningEverything 23 Replies latest jw friends

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

Hey ladies. Today I was at a luncheon for work and when I went to wash my hands, the sink countertop was all wet. I grabbed some extra paper towel-one sheet only, and wiped off the excess water. It was an immediate trigger to my JW days at the hall and assemblies. Just wanted to know if I am the only one who can't break the habit of wiping off sinks no matter what location I am in, a restaurant, relative's homes, work, etc...

• Priest73
    Priest73

how long to you think it is before John Doe posts on this thread?

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

Oh, I don't care if the fella's post. I wasn't sure if that was something the 'brothers' were especially concerned about in the KH or Assembly., so I directed it to the ladies.

• loosie
    loosie

When I go to dry my hands after washing them, if the paper towels are thin and cheap I take an extra one...or whatever it takes to get my hands dry. I still hear a little voice in my head that says one papertowel only please.

Damn JW habits

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    I wasn't sure if that was something the 'brothers' were especially concerned about in the KH or Assembly., so I directed it to the ladies.

You mean the sisters didn't come into the bathroom after us and take care of that? Who knew?!

• Priest73
    Priest73
    Oh, I don't care if the fella's post.

I hate to break it to ya, but most of us are not opposed to peeing in the sink if we have too. Don't lie guys. You know you've done it.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    I hate to break it to ya, but most of us are not opposed to peeing in the sink if we have too. Don't lie guys. You know you've done it.

There are times I would've killed for a sink.

• Dune
    Dune

The congregation i was in was 'in charge' of cleaning the bathroom for 5 or 6 years straight. Public restrooms repulse me now.

• ataloa
    ataloa

It's good to know I'm not the only one that still does that, QE; and yes, I only take what is essential and never waste one.

You mean the sisters didn't come into the bathroom after us and take care of that? Who knew?!

We never had to, sore keister; everyone knows you men never go near the sink.

• DJK
    DJK

If everyone bagged their own groceries and brought their shopping cart back into the store, someone will be out of a job.

If everyone cleaned up after themselves in the restroom at the assembly, there would be no need for volunteers and some of them might just be looking for an excuse to get out of sitting for hours listening to something they find boring. I've been there, but I got out before the one towel per person rule was made. Lucky me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit