what was your best day ever?

by wings 9 Replies latest jw friends

• wings
    wings

Mine was four years ago, the day my granddaughter Emily was born. We were camping on the beach in Rocky Point, Mexico. My husband had gone on a chartered fishing trip, and I had the choice to stay with the ladies hanging out in their perspective RV's or make a day of my own. The choice was easy. I took our four wheeler out of the back of the trailer, packed some drinks, and took off on my own. I cruised the trails over the cliffs and also drove across miles of beach, stopping often to absorb the moment.

What day stands out for you?

wings

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

The day I brought Rocco home, as well as every moment I spend with him.

http://www.roccosplace.info/images/index.html

W

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

1974. The Atlantic Ocean was literally like glass...not a ripple...it was April or May of my senior year in high school (in South Florida) and my friends and I skipped school to go water skiing. We loaded the cooler with beer and took along other 'support substances.' It was a fantastic day...we were skiing between a mile and 2 miles off shore and when you got outside the wake of the boat, it was as if you were on a glass bottom boat looking down on the coral reefs with all of fish in plain view. We skiied at least 50 miles south past Miami before we turned around and headed back north...so we probably skiied around 125 miles that day.

The day is burned in my mind forever. School never looked so boring and useless. Of course, that is not true, but you have to have your priorities straight. Mine were straight that day...with 35 years of perspective. I wouldn't trade that day for anything.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I've had so many good ones, it would be hard to choose. But a field trip in 4th grade stands out. It was the dream teachers. It was a Saturday in spring of 1969. We girls, my two best friends were with me, were allowed to wear culotte dresses which is something we couldn't wear to school. I brought my philco transistor radio along, which provided an excellent soundtrack. Aquarius by the 5th Dimension, Hair by the Cowsills, Mercy, Mercy, Mercy by Ohio Express were three songs that played all day.

We drove the 70 miles or so to Baton Rouge on the school bus. Two classes. Mrs. Louviere and Mr. Landry's classes. We visited the Capitol building and saw the bullet holes in the marble walls where Hewy P Long was shot. We drove out to the old governor's mansion to the museum where we saw the best mummy I've ever seen and got to see a show in the planetarium. That was magic.

Then we went out to the LSU campus and went to their wildlife museum and saw their real mascot, Mike the Tiger. He slept and no matter how much we screamed he never woke up. We got to see the original Mike the Tiger, taxidermied in his natural habitat and got to push a button and hear his roar. He was more lively than the live Mike the Tiger.

We got to eat sack lunches with cans of pop...woooo, in the student amphi-theater. Later we went and had soft serve ice-cream on the way home. Of course there were all the dreamy cute boys who flirted with us from afar. Classmates of course. We had so much fun that I forgot my bike at school and had to go get it.

The same year, my same teacher took two girl scout troops to New Orleans to the French Quarter. The thing that stands out is that we got to get the autographs of real hippies in Jackson Square. That day was almost as good. It would have been more fun with boys along and with my radio.

In spite of my parents, I loved being a kid.

• DJK
    DJK

Simon would ban me from the forum if I told you about my best day ever.

How have you been?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The day of the birth of my first child

• Dagney
    Dagney

I too think there have been many good ones.

But what came to mind right now was sailing out of LB harbor on a hot summer day, trapezing out on the side of the boat as it skimmed along the water. Having ice cold champagne on the boat. Coming back to a fish dinner caught in Cabo, with more champagne. There is that feeling of being out on the windy salt water, then coming home to comfort...

• shamus100
    shamus100

Too many to say.

Life is good!

W,

Those pictures of Rocco are great! He looks like a great bird.

• oompa
    oompa

hmmmm....are you sure you want to really know????.........are we free to post about ANYTHING?????...........oomps

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I've had a lot of good days.

Everyday above ground is a good one.

I'll say the day I married my wife.

But I have had a thousand just about as good.

Flying with my father in his airplane.

Skiing in Colorado, british columbia.

Diving in the keys. Partying in key west.

Bike week at Daytona.

Waterskiing in Florida.

One day I was driving my boat through Clearwater pass. The Dolphins where running along side

my boat and the where jumping out of the water and twirling and I looked next to me

and there was Hulk Hogan on his Donzi with a boat full of girls in Bikinis all at the same moment.

That was surreal.

And speaking of surreal any of the days I went to the Dali Museum in St. Pete were pretty surreal.

Taking the train from Cleveland to Atlanta in the 60's when it was the New York Central system, before amtrak.

And some days just playing my guitar and listening to it.

Or days when people have paid me money to play my guitar and sing for them.

And then asked me for my autograph.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit