What did you find upset elders the most ?

by KAYTEE 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

What I found that upset elders more than most things was, when you made them verify their statement with scriptural backing.

When you showed their complete lack of common sense coupled with lack of Christian knowledge.

On one occasion when having a heated discussion, I constantly made them refer to the Org. book for the answer, they ridiculed me, saying "are you getting your little green book out again".

All I was trying to point out was the answer (according to the society) on the subject at hand, most Organisation will have some sort of code of conduct, the little green book was theirs.

They wanted to be right in all things even if it meant going against the Org.

KT

• llbh
    llbh

When i asked them questions they could not, or did not want to answer they became peeved, and as i have an insatiable curiosity that was quite frequently. I learned that if i did not, i got on better, trouble is that meant subsuming my natural personality. That and other things was the beginning of my undoing

Regards David

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

they don't like being reminded about child abuse. If there aren't two witnesses they like to say "do you honestly expect me to warn that family on the basis of "tittle tattle. Who is the sister making these accusations. Just look at her, she is in a mess. The brother she is accusing is a fine young man".

edited my post as I'm giving away too much info. But I realise what I need to do. I'm going to talk to the young man who was abused and submit what happend to the other youngester more forcefully and hopfully this will minimize the risk to his nephew.

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Quietlyleaving,

How frightening for you, Aren't they a disgusting lot. (two witnesses !!!) these ones who are depraved make sure there are no witnesses to their disgraceful acts.

They WILL have to give an account one day.

KT

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

yes it is scary. I've questioned my son. He says the other young man did not do anything sexual to him other than the bullying and clothing incidents I mentioned.

• fokyc
    fokyc
    Kaytee said: "They wanted to be right in all things even if it meant going against the Org."

How true this is, the elders will not only 'go against the Org.'; they will even lie about the Organisation.

In the last 4 years the elders have visited me at least 6 times, several times refusing to even open the meeting with prayer; each time I have to believe them without any scriptural or documentary evidence, they have not even got a Bible out of their bag, let alone open it.

When I obtain documentary evidence from the Branch office, they immediately tell me that it is out of date and has been changed.

BUT this does really annoy them and at the present, I do not intend disappearing from the locality.

They cannot bear to be found to be in the wrong , it is impossible for them to even make a mistake.

fokyc

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

It could be any number of things I did that could be mentioned, but basically anything that went against 'procedure' would be sure to upset them.

I am not one to bow to authority, but one memorable occasion was when during a particularly hot evening I removed my jacket and proceded to deliver the number 1 talk in the ms wearing a short sleeved shirt. The shock! The horror! For the reaction I got from the wise men, I may as well bared my arse and wriggled my old fella at the congregation. Stuff'em!

By this time my enthusiasm for continuing my relationship with a make believe 'father' was waning considerably.

Cheeses H. Kerriced.

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Hello fokyc,

You must have the same motley lot that I’ve had dealings with, you would think that they would get their act together wouldn’t you, or is that expecting too much.

That’s the one big thing I miss having left them, that is to have a good row with them, it don’t do any good, but it makes you feel a lot better afterwards.

KT

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I agree with Kaytee, they really hate it when you beat them at their own game. I have used the OM book,the Bible or WT article to prove them wrong about certain issues going on in the congregation. They don't like being exposed for treating different people with a similar set of circumstances in a totally different way depending on financial status or what family they belong to. They don't like it when you don't have dire financial, marital or problems with your children ( they don't have any excuse to nose into your business). They don't like it when you don't want to be one of them or kiss their behinds.

• Mary
    Mary
    What did you find upset elders the most?

Several things that set them off and act looney:

1. Mentioning that Dateline was your favorite program.
    2. Ask them why the Organization has never correctly interpreted any prophecy correctly;
    3. Inquire if they've ever heard of a book called Crisis of Conscience
    4. Reveal that you can prove using the bible alone, that Jerusalem fell in 586 BCE, not 607 BCE;
    5. Ask them why the Society settled a lawsuit with victims of pedophilia complete with gag order;
    6. Ask them why the Society accepted monies invested in a tobacco company 30 years after making this a disfellowshipping offense
    7. Inquire as to how their 'friend of the court', Jimmy Swaggart is doing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit