Satellite Debris Falling: Have you seen it?

by cameo-d 15 Replies latest jw friends

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

We now have so much space debris that earth looks like it's in a snow-globe:

Here's another shot that shows what appears to be debris taking on an orbit pattern.

Debris From Satellite Collision Falling Down On Texas

Houston (dbTechno) - According to reports, debris is apparently falling down on Texas from the satellite collision which took place last week.

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has received a series of reports from law enforcement agencies in Texas in regards to reports of debris falling out of the sky.

The biggest of which was something which looked like a ball of fire going across the Texas sky.

The belief is that this debris is from the collision of a U.S. satellite and Russian satellite last week.

Not only was a ball of fire seen, but a sonic boom was also reported in the state.

According to the FAA, there have been no injuries, deaths, or anything of that nature from the debris.

On top of that, there have also been no reports of any damage.

There has been a warning issued though for pilots to keep their eyes open to spot any type of debris of this nature.

There are various reports and accounts all over the net of people reporting seeing odd things fall from the sky. ....things that look like green shooting stars, flashes of light streaming across the sky, etc.

Just wondering if any of you have seen any space debris?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I've seen space debris in orbit. One past time I like is to spot satellites, the International Space Station, the Space Shuttle, and space junk in orbit. I saw and photographed one particular piece of space junk when I was in the Gobi Desert; at least I think it was junk: it had an eccentric movement, like it was tumbling.

With no light pollution, you can see an orbiting object every minute or so transversing across the night sky; it's pretty fun to spot them. My favorite "satellitespotting" experience was watching the Space Shuttle detaching itself from the ISS.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

That ring pattern is likely stuff in geosynchronous orbit.

I saw the news reports about the fireball, but I didn't see anything myself.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hi cameo,

I, too, saw the report this evening on NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams. It was somewhat like a scene from the film Deep Impact.

CoCo

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

At what point will all this debris begin to block out the light?

I can't help but think about this:

Rev. 8:12

12 The fourth angel blew his trumpet, and a third of (A) the sun was struck, and a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of their light might be darkened, and a third of the day might be kept from shining, and likewise a third of the night.

Isaiah 13:10

For the stars of the heavens and their constellations
    will not give their light;
    the sun will be dark at its rising,
    and the moon will not shed its light.

joel 2:10; Joel 3:15

The sun and the moon are darkened,
    and the stars withdraw their shining.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon
    At what point will all this debris begin to block out the light?

There's a plan to combat global warming where they would launch lenses to a lagarange point between the earth and the sun where their gravitational pulls cancel each other out. They would form cylindrical a cloud about half the diameter and 10x the length of the earth. Each lens would weigh about a gram, and the total mass of the cloud would be about 20 million tons. This would block about 2% of the suns energy reaching earth.

So we'd need a lot of debris up there to make any difference.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Yeah plenty of junk in orbit about us now, all colliding into each other making space junk

Space debris - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is a considerable risk to astronauts on space walk and space stations.

At 17,500 miles per hour (28,162 kilometres per hour) even something as small as a fleck of paint can cause severe damage to the station. An impact with orbital debris "is our biggest risk," said Kirk Shireman, NASA's space station deputy programme manager.

Cosmonauts take space walk in shield upgrade - space - 31 May 2007 ...

The shuttle turns on its side to shield those on a space walk from the particles. The biblical verses are unlikely to be anything to do with this junk IMHO. The number one thing is likely to cause the condition is a meteor impact on the earth. It was an interesting name they chose for the mission in the film Deep Impact (1998) All best, Stephen
  • MissingLink
    MissingLink

The fireball over Texas wasn't debris. This was a meteorite. Details below.

Space Weather News for Feb. 16, 2009 http://spaceweather.com

WEEKEND FIREBALLS: A daylight fireball over Texas on Sunday, Feb. 15th, triggered widespread reports that debris from a recent satellite collision was falling to Earth. Those reports were premature. Researchers have studied video of the event and concluded that the object was more likely a natural meteoroid about one meter wide traveling more than 20 km/s--much faster than orbital debris. Meteoroids hit Earth every day, and the Texas fireball was apparently one of them.

There's more: On Friday, Feb. 13th, people in central Kentucky heard loud booms, felt their houses shake, and saw a fireball streaking through the sky. This occurred scant hours after another fireball at least 10 times brighter than a full Moon lit up the sky over Italy. Although it is tempting to attribute these events to debris from the Feb. 10th collision of the Iridium 33 and Kosmos 2251 satellites, the Kentucky and Italy fireballs also seem to be meteoroids, not manmade objects. Italian scientists are studying the ground track of their fireball, which was recorded by multiple cameras, and they will soon begin to hunt for meteorites.

Videos, eye-witness reports and more information about these events may be found at http://spaceweather.com.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I find it hard to believe that the object seen was from the collided satellites.

Even in a collision, getting things down from a geosynchronous orbit is extremely difficult and requires a lot of energy.

• FormerMormon
    FormerMormon

I thought that was Jesus returning in flaming clouds of glory.

I wasn't "raptured", so obviously I'm not worthy. Was anyone else raptured here? Notice any missing posters on this forum? Has anyone noticed any difference, now that we are in the millenium? Geez, I always thought he was going to make his triumphant reentry in Israel. But what would I know, I'm an apostate former Mormon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit