Friends

by chilli 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• waiting
    waiting

Hey parents of young ones,

My sympathy is extended.

waiting

ps: Ha! Not kidding either! Mine are grown - and I hope they have ones just like they were. My daughter was over, looking at my nice and neat living room, and had the nerve to tell me how much neater I keep it now versus when she lived there. I must have looked at her oddly, and she added, "well, it could be because you don't have 3 teenagers around, huh?" My motherly answer: "Duh....."

• mommy
    mommy

Simon,
    I fear we are in it for life! It does get easier and harder in different ways, instead of struggling to put clothes on them, I find myself struggling to remain calm as my daughter explains to me how she just has to wear her red sweater with her pink pants:) because "they are my favorite!"
    or listening to my son explain to me the reason he cut the cats hair was"it really was getting long mom, now he doesnt have so much to clean:)"
    Sometimes I long for the days when they were younger and only cried that was easier to figure out!
    mommy

• Prisca
    Prisca

I don't have kids but mommy's story reminds me of when my niece was about 3, and she had a mini-tantrum (is there any such thing as a MINI-tantrum?) because her socks didn't match her undies!!!
    [8>]

• Simon
    Simon

phew...it's not just ours then !

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Ah, but nothing can match the truly awe-inspiring shenanigans of a teenage daughter.

She goes out with her boyfriend, and returns home shortly before her curfew (what a good child). She gives you a kiss, then goes off to bed (thank god she's home and safe). You get a call from boyfriend's dad at 1 a.m. asking where his son is. You assure him that he returned daughter at appropriate time before curfew and that he was supposedly going straight home. You tell him that you will check with your wondrous obedient daughter to determine if boyfriend said he was going anywhere but home.

You trek down to daughter's bedroom to find bed empty, window open, and screen removed. You wait anxiously until daughter climbs back in through window at around 3 a.m. and determine that she and boyfriend thought they were putting one over on everyone.

And THAT was one of the easy times! Daughter is now almost 23, and not too long ago she asked me how I ever survived her teenage years. She's admits she was a tough teen.....and she never did drugs or any serious garbage. (whew)

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Red!!!!

I had one of those too!!! And the boys were no better. Worse, not better. I have screens that will not fit properly because they've been removed with a screwdriver so many times.

My youngest wiz boy use to drink beers and throw the cans out the window - like I wouldn't find them when the grass was mowed. "Uh, I don't know how those got there....."

Or the Tequila in the closet, etc. Ah, teenagers.

Homosexuality is God's way of ensuring that the truly gifted aren't burdened with children. Sam Austin

Guess you unbuttoned that top shirt button once too often, didn't ya, Red?

waiting

• Kismet
    Kismet

Hmmmmmm

First you give a quote about homosexuality and then seem to have a fixation of Red's choice of clothing and another fixation of her mounting block.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

"Not that there is anything wrong with that" - J Seinfeld

Kismet (back from vacation, well rested and ready to stir the pot)

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Kis,

Oh poo. Her clothing being buttoned too high is a private joke (well, not any longer), about her choking on her MENSA mentality. I then suggested that since she had a troublesome teenager, like my three, she might not be as gifted as I think she is.

Has nothing to do with homophobia nor lust, my big Canadian. Has more to do her intelligence, and my lack thereof.

And her mounting block just sounds so damned funny......

waiting

Herbert Beerbohm Tree is a charming fellow, and so clever: he models himself on me. Oscar Wilde

• Kismet
    Kismet

As I mentioned I am here just trying to stir the pot. Your oh so serious retort did not allow for such stirring to occur.

Alas I shall yet try again.

smirk

kismet - who likes being called a "BIG Canadian" :)

• yeldell2
    yeldell2

Hello RedHorseWoman:

Is your daughter baptized? Your article interested me because my last
    two children are not baptized as yet...my oldest is, 27, and has
    strayed from Jehovah's way. He came into the truth at 14, which I now
    believe was much too young of an age for him. My last two children
    have taken full advantage of the world, at times, much to my dismay.
    However, they have been in kingdom halls since in diapers, practically, and I felt it would be much better for them to decide for
    themselves, whether or not they want to serve Jehovah within their
    own timeframe. My oldest was not fully aware of what dedicating his
    life to Jehovah meant at the tender age of 14.

Hang in there, my children are finding out, about life, experimenting
    on their own, that Jehovah's way is best. When they are hard headed
    and do not listen to the healthful teaching...they learn the hard way.

Sincerely,

Patricia

Need assistance. Forgot what UserName
    and Email Address was used. Not sure
    I used Email Address listed above.
    But can be contacted there to retrieve
    valued information. Please help!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit