Eating with worldly people?

by AuntBee 19 Replies latest jw friends

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

Is there some JW rule against eating a meal with worldly people like me? I'm talking about a late teenager, over here often. He eats snacks and junk from the freezer, fast food brought in, stuff i have baked, but never anything i offer when we're eating. It's usually not a formal sit down thing either. Various random people, and friends of the kids eat here all the time. LOL. Maybe i'm just paranoid, and he just doesn't like my food! (He was a little shy at first, but i know he feels at home and welcome here.)

auntBee, who loves to feed people

• watson
    watson

Association in general with "worldly" people is discouraged. He is probably just warming up to it.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

AuntBee..I agree with Watson..Just being around worldly people can be tramatic for some JW kids........Satan is every where!..LOL!!..............................OUTLAW

• megaflower
    megaflower

Maybe in his mind having a snack is ok. They give talks all the time about not eating with such people so maybe in his mind a snack is not "fromally eating". It makes it ok.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Or maybe he's just an ill mannered miscreant.

Dismembered

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Perhaps he feels uneasy about his table manners.

Perhaps he thinks a sit down conversation will ensue and he will be asked prying questions.

Perhaps he thinks he will be asked to help wash dishes.

Teens are strange sometimes.

Why don't you just come out and ask him why?

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

I didn't want to take the chance of asking, if it would embarrass him, if it was a JW thing. He seems to really like keeping the 2 worlds separate. And i'm more than happy to accomodate that.

But i agree, who knows with teenagers. Mine are strange sometimes too. (lots of times actually, LOL)

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Worldly people drink baby bloood.

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

i've been outed!

• megaflower
    megaflower

AS a kid I was told the JW's wjere baby snatchers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest