I'm still on a book study list after 10 years...what??????

by Hope4Others 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Today I found out that for some strange reason and I say strange we are still on a book study list...

Something to do with field service meet ups at various houses....Well I haven't been to a meeting since

1997.....or memorial since 2001....go figure...... what are they thinking?

h4o

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

They are probably still counting your time too...

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

there is probably a "master" list of everyone ever associated in the last 20 years that might show up for field circus.

If they did it the way I think, they will (as they did for book study groups) assign a certain number of "strong publishers" (guaranteed to show up no matter what), some "average publishers" (will show up a couple of Saturdays a month but not if something better comes along) and then the "inactive, irregular, got to assign them somewhere" (but will never show up) publishers.

Congratulations, you made the third category. Unless you are DF, you will make the grade..lol

Snakes (of the "never was assigned to a book study at my last congo" Sheep Class)

• oompa
    oompa

AWESOME!....just lmao.....you need to start e-mailing in time to your book study conductor...............oompa

• caliber
    caliber
    Congratulations, you made the third category. Unless you are DF, you will make the grade..lol

Snakes (of the "never was assigned to a book study at my last congo" Sheep Class)

These are my feelings too while we don't want to be associated with the KH. ..what would be the alternative

to be marked or deemed as opposer's ? We must remember everyone is pigeon holed like it or not !!!

Caliber (H40's better half )..... ... LOL

ps.............I asked my JW mother what happened to the idea that when times get tough "great tribulation stuff "

we could carry on in smaller groups through the book study groups... but the small book studies are gone

So she informed me about this list and how they still have this safe field service arrangement for smaller groups

• caliber
    caliber

We need more information and input about KH" lists 'when you're put on certain lists and why !

What is the thin line between, marked, inactive, opposer etc . Are some of these "lists" just playing the numbers game ?

Are they only there to impress the CO that everyone is cared for.. looked after ?

How many years or maybe decades can you remain on the inactive list ?

Cal

• Dune
    Dune

6 months after i faded, an elder came by my house and facetiouslytold me that my name had been moved to another book study and if i had been keeping up, i would have known that HE was now my book study overseer (or whatever they call themselves now). It was kind of funny cause he said it like he was divulging some kind of secret information only known within the deepest inner circles of JW's everywhere.

I'm glad that they're getting rid of that BS though, least those that are still stuck in the religion will have a chance to make a productive use of their tuesday nights.

• rebel8
    rebel8

They kept assigning me talks after I told the BOE I'd never come back. I wonder what happened when it was time for my part to start. Sound of crickets. heh

I was also invited in field service.

Talks and field service. Yeah. The 2 most painfully awful jw experiences--I bet all the inactives long for them so much they'd jump at the chance to do them again.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I wonder how much number fudging is going on these days. Seems like halls are consolidating, but numbers still growing (if not astronomically). Our area has about HALF the convention weekends as it used to. I don't know if they relocated them, but I haven't heard of that happening. Around here, folks go to the Tacoma Dome in the summer. It used to be about 5 weekends, I think. Lately 2 or 3.

• watson
    watson

JWdaughter,

They started holding conventions in Portland about 5 years ago. I think that might be where some of the Tacoma weekends went.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit