Local Needs Parts.....

by AK - Jeff 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I have not set foot inside a KH for over 5 years now. :)

I suspect that I have been the 'subject' of the LNP's more than once. I suppose every time someone gets a face to face with me in the local shops, and the elders hear of it, I get another dishonorable mention on Thursday night. Anyone ever actually get to hear an LPN directed at them?

They must be getting the message across to the brain-dead, since I am treated with severe disdain in public nowadays. One sista' that I see often looks at me like a deer caught in the headlights, practically runs the other way. I must have a helluva reputation these days.

Jeff

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Oh yeah, I have seen it done. They won't name names, but assuming your old local congo and its reputation, then most everyone would know. You have been MARKED!

• Gregor
    Gregor

whoops, I thought this was about someone in your area that needed a transplant.

et B

• yknot
    yknot

Yes (too many to count). I remember the one from 4th grade (9 years old) the most vividly.

We had several new families move in with children. The newbie kids were all my age (all pre-existing kiddos were 3 or more years older then me)! All had befriended me at our school which was very very very anti-JW. For the first time in since moving there I had found myself happy and able to have friends. We like all good lil' dubs weren't allowed wordly friends and in turn most worldly children weren't allowed to talk to JWs (albeit 3 did). This was to be short lived within two months of school starting the PO's favorite henchman delivered an address in which he 'accidently' pointed to me 6 times.

The need was about assoications within the congregation........ not letting your child associate with those whom Elders deemed having displayed independent thinking or otherwise counseled........

It sucks to be singled out. It sucks when every kid in the KH shuns you and their parents gossip about you for years to come. So thus my small relief of 'associations' ended. Similar talks were given every time any family with children moved to our KH. For many years my sibling's friends couldn't visit our home if I was present. So my mom would have to take me to the library and leave me their for several hours or on occassion I got to go to my worldly grandparents house so sibs could play with the JWkids. No JW child publically acknowledged me until they were facing persecution in the principals office or later DFd from that talk onward......

In light of being an adult now with a child about my age then....... I fail to see how grown men who were in their 50s-60s felt the need to pick on such a young child and still managed to sleep restfully at night...... So if you have a child about 9-ish hug them tight, tell them you love them, that they are a joy and add sparkle to your life.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I would love to know what the Local needs talks have been about in my area too . The sister that was dropping me emails and stopping by with the magazines has abrubtly stopped . A few minutes ago I was at the grocery store and an elders wife pulled into the parking spot next to me ,but she wouldn't get out of her car until I got into my car and completely left .

One time a few years back I was volunteering at a food pantry in our town (it was backed by local churches ) Wouldn't you know the next local needs part emphasized how we should not waste our time in such endeavors ,but rather .....wait for it ...yessss do more in the field service !!!

Of course what was I thinking ! Hungry people would much rather read than satisfy their rumbling tummies .

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Yeah me and my wife had local needs parts aimed at us for suspicion that we fornicated before marriage. I think her sister instigated the idea. Out of "concern" of course. Or maybe out of being self-righteous and nosy.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

YNot? I just don't know what to say. How on earth could a nine-year-old child be "bad association"?

I am so angry and saddened by this. I send belated hugs to the nine-year-old you.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

OMG, I have had several pointed at me...

bad association

disobeying parents

appropriate attire

and each one, more than once!!

• oompa
    oompa

when you are the only male teenager caught spanking your monkey in the k-hall bathroom....a local need part about it is kinda like a spotlight on you!......

JUST KIDDIN!!!.......................oompa

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

A few years ago I remember a sister who took a college class which was free because her husband was an employee of the college. It wasn't even on a meeting night. There was a local needs talk about higher education. It was just a Spanish class.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit