Demons

by Amha·’aret 32 Replies latest jw friends

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I have on several occasions discussed my mothers involvement with occultism and demonism which would be in the archives on this board but don't ask me how to find them as I haven't got the foggiest as to retrieving the older posts. However my mother was a real spook. She scared me pretty much during the years until I left home and then it was peaceful and her rantings and hysteria I didn't miss one bit. Peace at last.

But trust me she did have demons attackst her and other things as well. And i had all the nightmares.

Orangefatcat.

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

When I was still a JW, I had a Witness roommate who accidentally brought a coffee cup home that had an astrological sign on it. Of course, with all the talk about anything astrological connected with demons, we were on edge. She said she would return it to her friend's house where she got it, but after a few days hadn't had the opportunity. One evening during this time, a cupboard door that had a spring closure sprung open by itself. We looked at each other and wondered about that cup. She insisted she would return it, but again, hadn't found a convenient time. Later that day or the next, I thought I had closed my bedroom door, but it was opened. I started getting very nervous. When she came home I mentioned it to her and she said she had thought she noticed shadows on the wall that moved. At that point we were both convinced that demons had entered our home through that cup. We were scared to spend another night in our home with that cup in it. Finally, we had her boyfriend take the cup outside and smash it with a hammer and threw it away.

Looking back, I see two young women who were conditioned through thier religion to be paranoid of anything that their religion told them was demonic. When put in the position of being around such an object, anything that happened, as well as our own imagination, was interpreted through that filter. I even felt obligated to tell the CO about my experience. Of course he took it very seriously and gave me good advice to "not play with it" and said we had done the right thing to destroy the cup.

I laugh at it now, but at the time I was convinced we had escaped a possible disaster. I think the WT benefits by keeping followers paranoid and fearful.

• Warlock
    Warlock

I've had a few experiences.

You can say they were just imaginary, but they were not, and anyway, you were not there.

Warlock

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I just asked my husband why so many zealot JW's are bothered by demons, we never were. He said they must have known they already had us.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I just asked my husband why so many zealot JW's are bothered by demons, we never were. He said they must have known they already had us.

LOL. That must be why they never bothered me!

• StAnn
    StAnn

I have had some "experiences" that my mother insists was ghosts/demons. She and my father shared some of them with me. I, however, believe that there is some kind of natural phenomena behind them that will someday be explained away by science.

So, yes, I believe people do really have real experiences that can be very frightening. I just think they are unknowns waiting for a logical explanation, not demons.

StAnn

• oompa
    oompa

well...i have posted before about this...one of my fave subjects since in jesus day demons were like toilet paper...so very common and if they did not have tp...it felt normal for the rest too....i mean it is like some nutjob is carryin on and people say "oh he has a demon in him" (nbd)...it was so NORMAL....and i would give my left nut for a demon to smack my ass or put a finger up it!!!...THEN i may belive in an active god or spirit realm!!!...........oompa

what the hell are these demons doin today?!?!?!!?.........geeze get busy will ya!!!!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

the warnings usually involved not taking 2nd hand clothes/items in to the home or not listening to or purchasing music of certain bands.

A close relative of mine said he saw a demon materialize at the foot of his bed. He does not tell lies. I believed him

• oompa
    oompa

stilla: A close relative of mine said he saw a demon materialize at the foot of his bed. He does not tell lies. I believed him

stilla...do you still?...if it frikkin materialized it could have crawled into bed with him....now that could be awesome if it was a hot chick demon...i mean that is frikkin flesh demon...very rare i hear....did he score?....i wish i could be so lucky...........oompa

so does this mean that if you are dying to see or experience one...it is like reversed and they leave you frikkin alone???

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    She reckons there is proof for poltergeists and other demonic happenings

Ask her to provide proof of that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit