Radiohead fans?

by purplesofa 44 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

They will be performing tonight at the Grammy Awards!

Tonight they are nominated for Album of the year for In Rainbows. I have enjoyed this album very much.

Would like to see them win.

The other nominees are

• Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends
      Coldplay
      Markus Dravs, Brian Eno & Rik Simpson, producers; Michael H. Brauer, Markus Dravs, John O'Mahony, Rik Simpson & Andy Wallace, engineers/mixers; Bob Ludwig, mastering engineer
      [Capitol Records]
    • Tha Carter III
      Lil Wayne
      Babyface, Brisco, Fabolous, Jay-Z, Kidd Kidd, Busta Rhymes, Juelz Santana, D. Smith, Static Major, T-Pain & Bobby Valentino, Betty Wright, featured artists; Alchemist, David Banner, Vaushaun "Maestro" Brooks, Cool & Dre, Andrews "Drew" Correa, Shondrae "Mr. Bangladesh" Crawford, Darius "Deezle" Harrison, Infamous, Jim Jonsin, Angelo Morris, Mousa, Pro-J, Play-N-Skillz, Rodnae, D. Smith, Streetrunner, Swizz Beatz, Robin Thicke, T-Pain & Kanye West, producers; Angel Aponte, Joshua Berkman, Andrew Dawson, Joe G, Darius "Deezle" Harrison, Fabian Marasciullo, Angelo Morris, Pro-J, Miguel Scott, Robin Thicke, Julian Vasquez & Gina Victoria, engineers/mixers; Vlado Meller, mastering engineer
      [Universal Motown/Cash Money]
    • Year Of The Gentleman
      Ne-Yo
      Chuck Harmony, Ne-Yo, Polow Da Don, StarGate, Stereotypes, Syience, Shea Taylor & Shomari "Sho" Wilson, producers; Kirven Arrington, Jeff Chestek, Kevin "KD" Davis, Mikkel Eriksen, Jaymz Hardy Martin, III, Geno Regist, Phil Tan & Tony Terrebonne, engineers/mixers; Herb Powers, Jr., mastering engineer
      [Def Jam/Compound]
    • Raising Sand
      Robert Plant & Alison Krauss
      T Bone Burnett, producer; Mike Piersante, engineer/mixer; Gavin Lurssen, mastering engineer
      [Rounder]
    • In Rainbows
      Radiohead
      Nigel Godrich, producer; Nigel Godrich, Dan Grech-Marguerat, Hugo Nicolson & Richard Woodcraft, engineers/mixers; Bob Ludwig, mastering engineer
      [TBD Records]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nTFjVm9sTQ

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I haven't listened to any Radiohead lately but I've always thought that the lead singer looks like Martin Short's lovechild...maybe it's just me.

• purplesofa
  • daniel-p
    daniel-p

I'd argue that In Rainbows is their best album ever. Saw them on tour a few months ago--collossally good, of course.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I'm a Radiohead fan.

I saw them in concert in New Orleans in 2002 or so. (Supergrass opened for them and they were awesome, too.)

If you can get tickets to any of their shows, it's worth it!

I purchased 'In Rainbows' via their online voluntary donation arrangement.

-LWT

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Awwww they did not win,

My son wanted to take me out to eat tonight, I really wanted to stay home and watch the Grammy's!!!!

Anyway, we got the bar to change over from their Sports and News only policy, even the manager came and said what's up with the channel change?

but the people there were singing and getting into the show!!! So he let it stay.

Young people Even singing to Neil Diamond!!!

So, I got to see Radiohead perform, and taken out to eat.......

I think Alison Kraus and Robert Plant had a great album,

it's ashame Radiohead did not win, it's a great work, any other year they would have won hands down.

purps

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Radiohead SUCK! They are the most overrated, depressive band in the world.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

yadda yadda 2,

I used to think the same thing, about the depressive part, but I don't find it that effect on me any more with them.

Odd, I suppose. I think it's like drinking coffee, I think it tastes awful, but I think if I drank it enough, I would grow to like it and benefit from it's affects.

purps

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Lotus Flower video from Radiohead's The King of Limbs album

The video for the first single from Radiohead's new digitial album, out yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfOa1a8hYP8&feature=player_embedded

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

Big Big Radiohead fan. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit