A New Chapter Is opening up in my Life.

by orangefatcat 16 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

This is for you, Terry. Veni Sancte Spiritus. It means Come, Holy Spirit. They sung it during our confirmation, baptism and reception ceremony with the bishop. We had a lady sing the solo. The treat was I got to stand near Mother Val and hear her sing. This isn't as pretty as the St. Mark's choir and congregation and all the people who came to share. Many priests and congregations took part.

I'll keep looking for a good version of this for you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STA0NN0mBi0&feature=related

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Hi Terry. I'm glad you've found happiness and a sense of belonging.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Thanks everyone for you comments they were very encouraging. I look forward to my journey.

Whatever happens on that journey only my Father in heaven knows. I know that whatever happens willl be for the best.

FHN yes I belong to the Anglican Church of Canada, The Episicopal Church is like a sister church to the Anglicans, You are more the Evangilizing part of the faith. We use most of the same books as part of our liturgy. I am very familiar with the Veni Sanctus Spiritus.

When the early colonies settled into Canada and in the US they naturally brought with them their believes.The America's wanted freedom from the British and wanted to worship in their own communities with people already in America, but they also needed a Bishops, The peoples selected a man named Samuel Seabury and he was appointed the first Bishop in the America's thanks to the Scottish Episcopal Church. much to the chagrin of the Church of England. He had to make that long voyage back to England to place the cards on the table as it were with the House of Bishops. The Church of England was angry with Seabury for turning to he Scottish Church, but the man had to do what was needed for the new world at that time. In 1784 the Scottish Chruch consecrated him as Bishop in the New Word and eventually many more Bishops were added over the years still upsetting the Church of England, but with time the Chruch of England resolved their differences and eventually accepted the Episcopal Church.

John Adams was a key figure in getting other Bishops to meet with the Archbishop of Canterberry. This resovled much conflict between the two churches, with time other branches evolved as well as Tractarians ,Puritans, and Quakers. Some of the sects dissappeared forever.

It is all amazing the history of the church.

Its trials and tribulations. The Reformation is an amazing part of History.

Presently I am reading about the Church in medevil times. Now that book is quite fasinating.

Well anyway I know I will have a ton of reading to do over the next several years of my life and I want to cram in my brain as much as I can.

and once again thanks for all your kind thoughts.

luv ya

Rev'd Orangefatcat

Oh please ofc it has happened yet. I will let you know when it does.

now shut up and go to bed.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Terry, when I got confirmed, we just had discussions from the book Those Episkopals and watched dvd discussion with clergy and lay people about Queen Elizabeth II's Via Media. Latin for middle road. She was a wise woman. How cool that we share the same outlook. As are many Anglicans, I am also a universalist. I'm so excited for you. We should talk sometime.

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

What an exciting challenge to undertake. I wish you well. I think we saw each other a last year at an Apostafest in TO. Keep us posted as to your progress. I love people who make up their minds then do what they say. I sent you a PM.

Kit

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

It is all amazing the history of the church.

Its trials and tribulations. The Reformation is an amazing part of History.

Presently I am reading about the Church in medevil times. Now that book is quite fasinating.

Reading about the history of the church turned me off Christianity, with its Crusades and witch burnings, as well as the development of the NT canon... be careful what you read....

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I see where you are coming from AAG, It is true that many things were and are done wrong in the name of Chirst.

All religions have to take blame for some of the terrible deeds and atrocities that have been done, even the JW's and they profess they never have done anything wrong in the name of God. How about Malawi, for starters.

We all know this to be wrong with all religions.

All know how terrible the depths of evil committed by the Catholic Church were over the centuries, murdering, torturing, the inquistion, treachery , and then the torture chambers . but so was the Church of England, the Puritans all of the religions had open wicked acts and some were skeletons in closets.

The Puritans that settled in the New Colonies in the 17th Century, well if you were a tad bit different you could be charged with witch craft and burned alive at the stake for all to witness. How terrible, just like Nero and others in Rome who burned alive Christains to light up the Colisium at night and then how they had the lions let out of their pits to eat the Christians alive. Yes the annuals of history are full of bloodshed and horror.

We know that the Catholic Church publically apolizied for the atrocites they committed over the centuries. At least they accepted responsibility for what they did, however nothing can turn the clock back on history it happened and that is it. It is what we learn from history that we never do it again. (its an apology a little to late. ) I suppose they needed to appease their souls. What ever the reason only they know. I don't condemn them or any one for that matter it is up to God. He is their judge. I am not picking on the Catholic Church either.

We need to learn from past errors, the same with all religions. The Church of England as well. It was just as bad. The Crusades the Knights Templars the Cathars, I mean the list goes on and on. How many wives Did King Henry the V111 behead? And in the end after all the fighting to become head ot the Church of England, he ended up being buried as a Catholic. They truly believed they needed to convert the infidels into believers of the Church and Christ, and I suppose that is how they justified what they did. Thank God we don't do this today.. Well I should take that back look at Hitler, Mussulini, Stalin, and Obama Bin Laden. and all the others who have committed genocide.

If you are turned off by religion that is quite alright this is your choice and no one has the right to make you change,

However in my instance I can overlook the centuries past and even the mistakes of this age because we all make mistakes and need forgiveness and that is why Christ gave His life for us so that we are to become reconciled to God through Christs sacrifice. Those who refuse it will have to answer at the day of judgement. Every last one of us and that includes me.

The witnesses are a cult, maybe some people think religions are cults I don't know, but my reason for becoming a priest is to serve Christ Jesus, our Heavenly Father, and to work with people and guide peoples hearts toward s the grace of our Lord. I want to be a humble servant, being willing enough to wash the feet of anyone or to forgo sleep if I am needed in the middle of the night to help a sheep in the flock, or if someone is ill or down trodden I will do all I can with the help of the Holy Spirit and the support of my Saviour to be a true shepherd to the flock.

I look for no praise from anyone, I am merely a person like anyone else who just wants to be used by my Heavenly Father in any capacity He choses for me.

If our Lord says we must forgive then we must as this is the second greatest commandment given to us. to love our neighbour as ourselves and if we can do that then we are fulfulling the law of Love and forgiveness will come easier. Loving God with all our heart, mind , soul and body makes it so much easier.

As I stated at the outset, this is how I feel, and I am not imposing my feelings on any one, I just wanted to share and to let you know how I felt about this door that is openning in my life. Just before I end this there is one thing I would like to say and I am not trying to give anyone a guilt trip so please don't take it that way. What saddens me the most is to see how many of the exjw's have completely stop believing in Christ Jesus and our Heavenly Father. I know you have been badly burned in the organization, but we can't blame God and Christ for the stupidity of the WTS's teachings and manmade rules. Don't allow yourself to be robbed of your belief in God and Christ because of the witnesses. There are some wonderful people in many fasinating walks of life, and by looking and seeking I know you will find happiness and peace again with our Lord and Saviour Christ.

Keep well my friends.

Orangefatcat.

Terry

PS thanks for the PM but I couldn't read them as they are encrypted and I don't know what to do to be able to read them . Any one know how I can do that please and thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit