A New Chapter Is opening up in my Life.

by orangefatcat 16 Replies latest jw friends

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Well as some of you know that on January the 25th, I was confirmed at my Church St Paul's. Finally after 45 years my day came. It was a magnificent Sunday. It couldn't have been better. Not only did I walk with two canes up to the Bishop but also up to the altar for the first time to recieve communion. I was so proud of myself. Even though I felt like jello in my legs I did it. I felt like a million bucks. And I was told after wards that most of the parish was in tears. I am glad I didn't look into anyones eyes or I would have lost it myself to. It was an emotionally and spiritually charged day.

However something very unusaul occurred. I can't explain to you unless you have experienced it yourself. I felft this magnificent warm feeling overpower my entire body which seemed to almost take me away from where I was at that moment while all the photographs were being taken. I stood beside the Bishop, and all I felt was an amazing amount of warm searing energy surround me. My body was overwhelmed. When I snapped out of it I knew right then and there why God practically pushed me through the doors of St. Pauls over three or four years ago. Our present priest is Father Gordon Shepperd and he is a fantastic man and extemely humble and always willing to talk and I absoultley adore him.

I know now why when I said to Rev'd Ruth (she was the priest when I started at St; Pauls )

"that I believe God was calling me and pushing me into the church that very day and Ididn't know why", but I knew on my confirmation day exactly what it was and I knew God had a plan for me. That was the plan of becoming a priest. I think I floored the Bishop more than me and he said to me "really Terry do you want to be a priest"? and I said yes, but I am not sure if I will be able to because of my age, Isaid I would be in my sixties when I was finished and he said, "that doesn't matter," speak to Father Gordon and lets see what we can do for you. So having the Bishop behind me and Fr Gordon, I can do this and when Gordon found out he was delighted and said well we have much to do. I am ready willing and able. And one other thing. The Bishop is also disabled he has had polio since he was a child and he is so amazing a man, as is his wife. He walks with a large crock and he is a man who like Gordon is humble and meek and during that two month period I stopped going to church, the Bishop and I spoke on the telephone a few times and if you know how busy a man he is and yet he took time to call me well that proved to me he really did care about my feeling.

I must admitt I ws totally elated and I have been flying high ever since. I do beleive this is my calling which I had mentioned those several years ago to Rev.d Ruth. I knew in my heart there was a reason. Whe their was a two month period when Ruth was dismissed from the Church I have to admitt it really caused me to do alot of soul searching but after many months of self examination of my own heart and my own feelings about being Christlike I knew I was in the wrong to stay away and so I humbled my self and started up over a year or so ago. I didn't regret me choice.

I now am editor and chief of our churches Newsletter and I am a lay reader. So God has richly blessed me. I have lost over 60 pounds and my headaches are alot better I have to see the doctor now about every three weeks for my treatments so things are looking up. And as regards the rest of my dream I will leave it in the hands of our Lord and see what transpires. Prayer study and meditation are a major part of my daily routine. So with prayers and supplication I allow this to be left in the hands of God.

I have the desire be used by God in whatever capcitiy He sees fit to allow me to accomplish.

I just wanted to share with you my desire for my future.

Your friend

love Orangefatcat

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Terri,

I sent you a PM. (i think). Not too sure on how to navigate and use JWN just yet.

HappyDad

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

OrangeFatCat..A priest?..............For a JW thats almost as good as becoming Satan!..LOL!!............Your thread surprised really surprised me......Your going to have to keep us all up to date.....It will be cool to hear your journey..Good Luck Terry!!..........

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Terry, is the Anglican church in Canada? I am very happy for and you completely understand where you are coming from with your joyful experience. I was confirmed into the Episcopal church three years ago. I took my first communion before that though. Mother Valerie Ambrose gave me my first communion. I was raised in the church. The church has been lways a very spiritual experience for me. But the confirmation night was the most magical. The whole congregation sang Veni Sancte Spiritus and I felt the same way you did. Andy was received into the church at that time.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well it sure surprised me... Hope you get your wish.I cant be a part of any building that says it is GOD's house
    But I wish your journey will bring you happiness.

Mouthy

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Congratulations and every blessing for your future journey wherever the Spirit takes you

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I'm very happy for you. Thanks for sharing.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I am happy for you.

I have felt to bewildered about religion now. I was so utterly devastated to learn the many things I did about the WTBTS. I haven't been to any church, except for a wedding.

It seems that the whole experience you are having is good for your health, mental and physical. May you find a wonderful way to help others in this journey in which you are embarking.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Wow thats a HUGE accomplishment! Even more so considering what you had to come from and overcome to do that! Congratulations! And I dont have to say God Bless You because it appears He is way ahead of me! :)

LD

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Wow Terry! Good to hear things are going well for you in your life, I know you've had some struggles.

hugs to you!

J

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit