GB “directly” appointed by Jesus, what is the WT reference in 2001?

by cyberguy 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ninja
    ninja

*** w81 2/1 p. 23 par. 11 The Time for a Watchman like Ezekiel ***

Jehovah has appointed the “slave” class as his “watchman” to guard the eternal interests of all those who profess to be His people, as in Ezekiel’s case.

• carla
    carla

happytobefree, which month wt was this in? thanks.

I found this one in 2001 WT:

While directors of a legal corporation are voted into office by its members, the Governing Bodyis not appointed by any man but is appointed by Jesus Christ.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Everybody is waiting for the 2nd coming of Christ..The GB says Jesus has already come and made them Boss..???.....You would think news like that would at least be in a local newspaper!.......................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

· How does the Governing Body differ from a legal corporation?

While directors of a legal corporation are voted into office by its members, the Governing Body is not appointed by any man but is appointed by Jesus Christ. There is no need for the directors of various corporations used by Jehovah’s Witnesses to be members of the Governing Body. At the recent annual meeting of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, members of the Governing Body who were serving as its directors and officers voluntarily stepped aside from their positions. The vacancies were filled by mature brothers of the "other sheep." (John 10:16) Thus the Governing Body can spend more time in preparing spiritual food and in otherwise caring for the spiritual needs of the worldwide brotherhood.—1/15, pages 29, 31.

-- The WATCHTOWER, April 15, 2001 page 29, "Do You Remember?"

"Do You Remember?" is the title of the article from which the quote is taken.

• oompa
    oompa

where is the more recent article that says they are no more special than the rank and file...and should not receive any honor for being annointed?........post it and we will have a side by side.......oompa

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Hey Nathan Natas,

Thanks for your post! This is what I wanted to know. This is terrible, isn't it? I did not realize how bad it was until your quote. Thanks dude!

Cyber

• dust
    dust

where is the more recent article that says they are no more special than the rank and file...and should not receive any honor for being annointed?

The Watchtower, May 1, 2007 p. 31.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

You would think that all of a sudden they believe in the divine right of Kings or to that effect. Yes we are the divine right of the Lord Jesus Christ. That is an arrogant statement just as bad as the royals make there statement of Divine right.

Surely if they were appointed by Jesus Christ, would Christ have allowed the witnesses to protect pedophiles, I can say a resounding NO to that. Christ would be ashamed of them. I feel that it was God's holy spirit that directed Barbara Anderson to make copies of the secret files that Society tried to keep under lock and key. Didn't the G.B. for one miniute think they were doing was wrong? That reminds me of the text in the Bible where the Isrealites were to destroy everything that was the enemies and to take no spoils, but two tried to take items and God's spirit wasn't upon Isreal for God knew of the theft and so when the couple were found out they were destroyed.... for trying to cover over their sin. Well nothing stays hidden forever from God or Christ. All that is dark comes into the light. By their works you will see what they are. Well we see that the WTS tried to fool the holy spirit and JesusChrist. And lets not stop there, how about the UN situation? Malawi? Blood and Transplants. and other matters witnesses may not even know about.

That old adage you can fool some of the people some of the time, well some people might try that with God, try to fool God some of the time, but God knows all the time and there is no way you can fool God any time.

Orangefatcat

\

• oompa
    oompa

tag...to print out and show to my elder/dad....lol............oompa

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Hey dust,

Can you please provide the quote. Thanks!

Hey oragefatcat,

I agree! It's crazy what they say!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit