GB “directly” appointed by Jesus, what is the WT reference in 2001?

by cyberguy 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Hey folks,

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

I lost a WT reference that said that the GB is “directly appointed by Jesus.” I believe the WT statement was made around 2001. Besides this ridiculous statement, was there a prior statement made in the WT about the GB being “directly appointed by Jesus?”I don't belive so, but I may be wrong.

Cyber,

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Sorry folks, I dont' know how to repost something that has gone terribley wrong! I lost a WT reference that said that the GB is “directly appointed by Jesus.” I believe the WT statement was made around 2001. Besides this ridiculous statement, was there prior statements made in the WT about the GB being “directly appointed by Jesus?”

• happy2bfree
    happy2bfree

Is this what you have been looking for?

w901/15p.26GodlyDevotion—BeneficialforAllThings***In modern times the Governing Body has been closely identified with the editorial staff of the Watch Tower Society and its board of directors. But the Governing Body differs from that legal corporation, as the speaker pointed out: "Since the corporation’s existence is purely legal, with a fixed geographic headquarters, it can be dissolved by Caesar, the State." Not so the Governing Body, which is not a legal instrument but the members of which "are appointed through the holy spirit under the direction of Jehovah and Christ." Thus, the Governing Body continues to function and to receive the unqualified support of Jehovah’s Witnesses worldwide.

• happy2bfree
    happy2bfree

I found this one in 2001 WT:

While directors of a legal corporation are voted into office by its members, the Governing Bodyis not appointed by any man but is appointed by Jesus Christ.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

So the logical question to ask how 'how does Jesus appoint them?'

• happy2bfree
    happy2bfree

The source of the extraordinary quote I mentioned above:

While directors of a legal corporation are voted into office by its members, the Governing Body is not appointed by any man but is appointed by Jesus Christ

is:

w014/15p.29DoYouRemember?

How does the Governing Body differ from a legal corporation?

• hubert
    hubert

Okay, seeing we now have "proof" of them being directed by the holy spirit in 1990 and 2001, and I've heard they say they are NOT spirit directed now.........?

Does anyone have the quotes saying this, and can you give us the references here so we have it all all on the same page from both sides of their mouths?

I'll let you know if I find both statements on the cd library.

Thanks.

Hubert

• yesidid
    yesidid

They still say they are "spirit directed".

They say they make no claim to being inspired.

Which, as we all know is a distinction without a difference.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

He taps them softly on the head with his ding dong...

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Happy2bfree,
    Thanks for your research. Was your first reference in a 1990 WT? What WT does the “Do You Remember?” refer to?

Passwordprotected,
    Good question! I’ve asked active JWs what the qualifications are for being on the GB, since the only list that I know of is for elders, and MSs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit