Now they want me to wear a crown

by Elsewhere 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I went to the dentist yesterday with a tooth ache and the Dr. said I cracked a tooth.

Now he wants to put a crown on it.

The Dr said he will be able to do the whole thing in one visit. He'll take a scan or mold of my tooth, then grind it down, then take another scan or mold. He'll then let a machine make the crown for me.

I have to admit I was shocked at how much he wants to charge for it. Even with insurance it will cost about $520.

Anyone else ever get a crown? What was your experience?

• Princess
    Princess

Come on Else, you know all you have to do is hook up with Mega's neighbor and his sweet dentist across the border.

Rachel

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

lmao... I forgot about that!

• musky
    musky

I thought you were talking about becoming a king or something.

I have had a couple crowns. One tooth first needed a root canal, then crown. I had a choice of porcelain or steel, or both. I don't even know I have them. No pain involved. The most pain was before I had the root canal. The dentist didn't know how to diagnose my pain, and I went for a long time with an infected tooth.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I thought you had a new job at Burger King! I swear to Jebus!

$2,000 out of my pocket. I have one word for you: Floss like a madman.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Something gold.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I have a crown, one of my front teeth. When I was a teenager, my mom's BF threw a lighter at me for me to catch and I missed and it chipped half my tooth off, since my mouth was still developing they did not crown it for a couple of years, I would not smile for all that time.

It lasted for about ten years or so and it broke off with part of the tooth it was attached to and I had it replaced, but this time they had to put a screw in my upper jaw to hold the crown. It shows up on xrays! It has lasted all this time. I don't remember the cost of it being something we could not afford. But this was probably at least 25 years ago.

If it came off now, I don't know what I would do!!!

$2,000 yikes!!!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

WE HAVE NO KING BUT ELSEWHERE! CRUCIFY HIM!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    $2,000 yikes!!!

Oh, I am a veteran of the dental wars. $7,000 for an implant a few years ago. Lots of decay at a young age because of not brushing. When I was growing up my folks didn't take dental hygiene for children very seriously - after all, Armageddon and all that.

Now, I am rabid about brushing, flossing and cleanings.

• dinah
    dinah

Nathan, somehow a porcelain crown doesn't sound as redemptiony (is that a word) as a crown of thorns. But hey! Any savior in a storm. We shall all wear a tooth around our necks.

So it was written, so shall it be done.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit