I am getting a visit - help me prepare for it!!!

by eyeslice 51 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

My wife tells me that I am getting two elders coming to visit me, I assume as part of the 'help them return' initiative. Seems strange that they have asked my wife, who still is a regular attender, rather than give me a call.

Has anyone else had a call? What should be my line be as I don't want to particularly appear 'apostate', especially if there is a chance they will disfellowship me if I take a hard anti-witnees line.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Dress up in full Pirate Regalia!

Insist that Jehover told you that you must dress like a Pirate anytime you discuss spiritual matters.

• blondie
    blondie

That is strange, eyeslice, since you are still the head of the family even per WTS rules. They probably are chicken.

My motto is no pearls before swine. Also, if the conversation does not go well, it might be hard to get them out the door.

I would just tell your wife to tell them that you will contact them if you feel the need for a visit.

Blondie

• sacolton
    sacolton

Looks like you're being painted into a corner ... with the help of your wife. Good luck in finding a valid reason for not being regular to all the meetings without being disfellowshipped. Let us know what happens.

• undercover
    undercover

Dress up in full Pirate Regalia!

"But I don't wanna be a pirate!!"

Seriously though, Just thank them for their concern but that you're "working through some things" and when you're ready you'll contact them.

• blondie
    blondie

Just tell your wife that this is not a good time for them to call...........I hate drop bys

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

Last time an elder visited me, he gave me a fantastic poetic expression that I think you should use with these elders.

Tell them you're on a "journey" and its best if you find your own way. Go Oprah on them and they won't be long letting you alone!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It`s a Set-Up.....You have a few choices..#1;Don`t be home when they come..#2:Don`t answer the door..#3:Bury your wife in the back yard..........LOL!!...OUTLAW

• wobble
    wobble

Aaaahrrhaaaarrr!! I like the cut of your jib Elsewhere me hearty! I should have thought of feighning insanity myself,I wouldn't have to act much.

I had such a visit Eyeslice,and I would be suspiscious and careful,I would let it be known that you really don't feellike a visit at present,claim depression,but say that you could at most only handle seeing one elder at a time.

The problem is that they will slip in the loyalty question,something like "do you still believe JW's are God's organization" and if you don't answer it with a loud YES,then two witnessses will hot foot it to convene a J.C a.s.a.p

They have a number of tricks at their disposal to trap you,winding you up by attacking your integrity etc.

The two guys who came to see me would claim it was out of love,I have known them for over thirty years,but they still tried to trap me.

BEWARE! Best of luck,don't answer if you are not comfortable,but better still don't meet with them,you don't have to.

Love

Wobble

• Kinjiro
    Kinjiro

How about receiving them nekkid and as soon as they walk in, start shouting:

To be, or not to be, that is the question:Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
    The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
    Or to take arms against a sea of troubles
    And by opposing end them. To die—to sleep,
    No more; and by a sleep to say we end
    The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
    That flesh is heir to: 'tis a consummation
    Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep;
    To sleep, perchance to dream—ay, there's the rub:
    For in that sleep of death what dreams may come,
    When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
    Must give us pause—there's the respect
    That makes calamity of so long life.