i have my 3-d eye glasses....and i saw two really old ladies today...

by oompa 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

This is a very funny post Oomph...The house I used to live in had two older ladies in it. They were mother and daughter..both from Germany and tough. They had been through a lot. Well the mother got Ill and the daughter had to take care of her..eventually the mother died. She was probably in her 90's.

That left the daughter alone which was probably by now in her late 70's. Well her mind must have been going because one day she came over and knocked on my door..this really surprised me as she rarely ever went outdoors. I did get behind her driving her car home from the store I guess.. in what looked like the old Edsel..just styled like one..

She was hugging the curb like that was the only way she could tell where she was going and she must have been doing 5 in a 25 MPH zone. She made it around a corner to my amazement and parked her car in her garage. She would enter the house through the garage so we hardly ever saw her. Her sister used to live accross the street from us but I think she must have moved ..leaving this daughter alone.

So to get to the ending..like I said..she knocked on my door..she wanted to know if I heard the news..I said "no... why?"..she said we were being invaded by wood spiders..she wanted to know how to get rid of them..as she just knew she had some. Well I could tell that something just wasn't right about her but tried to humour her..she asked if I had any bug spray she could use to kill them..so I went and got some..she left and I closed the door.

After she left I was thinking "I hope the poor dear doesn't spray it in her face and hurt herself..

A few months later I heard from a neighbor that she had died alone in her house sitting in her chair and she had been dead for a few days...and no one knew. We thought the sister was keeping in touch but apparently something also happened to the sister and the poor woman died all alone..

Snoozy..who doesn't think this is a funny story but admits after the lady left she did giggle a lot about the spiders..and hoped someday she would not become that way.

• Decided
    Decided

What happened to the 3-D eyeglasses? I'll be 73 next week and can still get around pretty good. My wife's dad worked laying brick untill he was 80. I hate seeing old people who can't walk without a cain or have breathing problems etc. My wife still expects me to cut wood for the fire place using a chain saw and do all the things I did when I was 40. She uses her dad as an example. She says if I give up doing things I did before I will just fade away.

My back went bad about a week ago and it hurts to bend certain ways. I think raking leaves started it hurting again. It was a problem I had about 40 years ago when I was moving boxes of paper that we used on the computers at work. I hope it goes away soon.

Ken P.

• undercover
    undercover
    what is the Singularity?....i only remember the word from a Star Trek

Spock's brain?

• sir82
    sir82

For those who would like to know more about "the singularity":

http://singularity.com/

It's an interesting book - actually the author predicts "enhanced humans" much sooner than 2035!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit