Your favourite wise quote? Mine is...

by Newborn 53 Replies latest jw friends

• zagor
    zagor

"Don't talk about yourself so much... we'll do that when you leave."

"This isn't burger king, you can't have it your way."

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be taken out of context, misquoted and then used against you."

• carla
    carla

I'd rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question.

Walk with people who seek the truth, run from those who say they have found it.

It is not the words of our enemies we remember.... but the silence of our friends.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.- Voltaire

There are many who, by their passivity, dependency, fear and laziness, seek to be shown every inch of the way and have it demonstrated to them that each step will be safe and worth their while. This cannot be done. For the journey of spiritual growth requires courage and initiative and independence of thoughts and action. -- author?

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. -Galileo

A bad man is worse when he pretends to be a saint. - Bacon

Those who have knowledge, don't predict. Those who predict, don't have knowledge.- Lao Tzu

If a little knowledge is dangerous, where is a man who has so much as to be out of danger?-- Thomas H. Huxley

Information is not knowledge. _ Einstein

How can you know you have truth if you do not have free inquiry?

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.- Gandhi

The world is not dangerous because of those who do harm but because of those who look at without doing anything.-Einstein

Without free speech no search for truth is possible; without free speech, no discovery of truth is useful. - Bradlaugh

None who have always been free can understand the terrible fascinating power of the hope of freedom to those who are not free. -Pearl S. Buck

you're playing a poker game and you look around the table and can't tell who the sucker is, it's you. - Paul Newman

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

"I drank what?"- Socrates

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

"Those who write on bathroom walls, roll their shit in little balls, and those who read these words of wit, eat those little balls of shit"- William Shakespeare

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"What's money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do. "
    Bob Dylan

"The easiest thing of all is to DECEIVE one's self; for what a man wishes he generally believes to be TRUE."

Demosthenes (ancient Greek)

The latter one I once heard from the platform in a K Hall, The dumb speaker had not made the connection between the quote and his own faith.........[I wrote that bit, Blues]

• wobble
    wobble

"She who sits on jockeys lap receives hot tip" Anon.

Love

Wobble

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Win if you can, lose if you must but always cheat - Jesse Ventura

I'd never be part of an organization that would accept me as a member - Groucho Marx

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

I've had a perfectly good time once, but this wasn't it - Groucho Marx

(at a christian wrestling show in regards to people holding up bibles at me) You find THAT inspiring? I fail to see what's so inspiring about rape, animal mutilation and mass genocide. - Tim Kilgore

• wobble
    wobble

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie,deliberate,contrived and dishonest,but the myth,persistent,persuasive and unrealistic"

"Crisis of Conscience " by Raymond Franz.

Love

Wobble

• besty
    besty

"Just because you can see a tall building, doesn't mean it's close"

Paul Morrison - on walking 3 miles up The Strip in Vegas with The Stratosphere in good view all the way. 2003

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

"There isn't a flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people. " Howard Zinn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit