Your favourite wise quote? Mine is...

by Newborn 53 Replies latest jw friends

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

""Faith" means not wanting to know what is true." - Friedrich Nietzche

"A faith that cannot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets." - Arthur C. Clarke

“Never explain--your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway.” - Elbert Hubbard

Take care,

Ismael

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

"A friend will help you move. A real friend will help you move a body."

• oompa
    oompa

newborn sounds afraid of oompa?....i always behave myself

there was another thread like this recently....and now i will do the same two

Mark Twain (i think)....Find something you love to do....and you will never work another day in your life.

and....I'd rather have a bottle in front of me....than a frontal lobotomy.............................................oompa

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

My favorite:

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear." —Ambrose Redmoon

Others I really like:

"To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail." —Abraham Maslow

"Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there." —Will Rogers

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." —Oscar Wilde

"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." —André Gide

• John Doe
    John Doe

"Never squat with spurs on" and "never slap a man who chews tobacco."--Will Rogers (I think)

• Clam
    Clam

Depression is anger without the enthusiasm.

• chickpea
    chickpea

Scar tissue is stronger than regular tissue. Realize the strength; move on.~~Henry Rollins

We deceive ourselves when we fancy that only weakness needs support. Strength needs it far more.~~ Anne Sophie Swetchine

The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it.~~ Flannery O'Connor

A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer.~~Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Newborn
    Newborn

GREAT & WISE QUOTES YA'LL!!

MERCI:-)

• sspo
    sspo

"Agree to disagree"

So many relationships and marriages would be saved.

• Newborn
    Newborn

"Agree to disagree"

Agree:-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit