Russell started the " Cult Mind Control" in JW's Years Ago- Check this Out

by flipper 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Like you I tto thought the insanity started with Rutherford and Russell was a sincere although misguided man.

The history of Russell's control over the Bible Students and his willingness and even deliberate duping of the public to sell magazines and books is being bared. And Russell isn't looking so misguided anymore. No wonder Rutherford joined ranks. He saw a kindred spirit and decided to take over and continue and expand the control, lies and manipulation. The two were scam artists to their deaths.

It's a good thing we are now having access to all the early writings of the WTS. We aren't shackled by the WT prohibition of reading the history.

• flipper
    flipper

LADY LEE- Very true what you say. I had no idea that Russell was such a scam artist he was trying to sell " miracle wheat " to his followers ; duping them into believing this " wheat " could grow bigger and produce more than normal wheat. I mean - the guy was sued for libel by a New York newspaper and everything ! If you get a chance to read " Kingdom of the Cults " by Walter Martin - take the opportunity , a good read. Although there are places you have to skim through his views of " it's us Christians against the cultists" type thinking. Anything " Christian " nauseates me somewhat - so I pick and choose my way reading through the book. But it is a great expose' of other cults as well - Mormon's, Scientology, New Age cults, Christian Scientists, etc. So- worth a read

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit