Has anyone been affected by the poor economy?

by heyfea 25 Replies latest jw friends

• heyfea
    heyfea

Every weekend we used to spend a few hundred dollars going out to lunch. But since less than a year, we no longer go out. My husband business has been very slow, and on top of that, the management companies he does work for, do not pay him right away. Sometimes they take months to pay him. He's not making enough profit to keep it going. He might close soon. To top it all off, my job will cut staff by March 27. I could be out of work also. Things are not looking good. We're trying very hard to be optimistic.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Not yet. I am waiting for the time the witlesses physically recapture me, and then I will be adversely affected (not only by the economy, but by the crap provisions that they are sure to have waiting for me).

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Things are very good in Acadiana.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Ramen noodles for lunch. Too bad their so high in sodium!

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

The bank where I work is quite profitable right now and w/ my tax return I will be able to pay off a credit card that has been looming over my bank account since before my divorce in 2005. Financially, I am actually doing better than I ever have.

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

My health insurance ran out yesterday. Since, my divorce and I have moved to Chattanooga, TN the economy here is bad. There are lots of foreclosures on houses all over the place. The job availability is horrible. I am trying to find a job that will give me benefits, everyone tells me good luck on that. I will try to keep looking since it could happen. Also trying to watch my spending. I left most of my furniture and realized too late that I should have taken more. It is expensive to buy a sofa & dining room set, when you aren't sure you will be able have money for the important things (electric, gas, water, phones, etc.) I did get half of the house money so I do own my own home now. I will keep looking for a job or health insurance I can afford. I'm like you HeyFea don't go out to eat as much as I used to because it is so expensive. However, I will not eat at McDonald's. How about you?

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

So far I'm good... We had a few layoffs, but I'm told I'm safe... My company is actually up over this time last year. I worry about my kids. My daughter's company has had massive layoffs...she's escaped so far. My son's company is slower, but pretty stable. He's had lots of offers from head hunters all over the east coast, so he should be fine.

I'm more careful about spending money...just in case...

Coffee

• free2beme
    free2beme

My spouse and I still have our jobs, but lets face it, 'No one is immune.' You could loss your job, or I could loss mine at any time. That is just the time we live in. I have cut back my life to be prepared and as safe as possible. My in laws are losing their home to foreclosure. Most my friends are working, but more then ever before; a lot are unemployed.

• still_in74
    still_in74

my mortgage is lower than ever.. my credit interest is lower than ever. Gas is lower than in years.

this has all made my finances better now than a year ago....

• DJK
    DJK

There has been a balance in finances so far. Something goes up a little and something else comes down.

A real avalanche is coming in the near future. I can bet on it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit