Beatles Fans

by watson 112 Replies latest jw friends

• watson
    watson

Do you know the scandal between George and Eric?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Uh, YEAH, Clapton stole his wife.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Patti released a book last year, giving all of the gory details. She made the interview circuit on TV.

Clapton's song, "Layla", is about Harrison's (then) wife, Patti.

• DJK
    DJK

I recently came across "In my life" and added it to my faves. Heres another, "Yesterday"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlmMQCykeVw

• watson
    watson

It's interesting that after that, they remained friends, cooperating on projects, and then Eric produced the Anniversary Concert in Memory of George. A great concert it is!!

• watson
    watson

Do you know where George met his first wife Patti? (Don't hog all of the Beatle's trivia, Leaving!! LOL)

• flipper
    flipper

The Beatles are my all-time favorite band - hands down. Led Zeppelin is a close second , but for sentimentality sake- it will always be the Beatles.

My approximate top ten favorite Beatles songs are :

1. Eleanor Rigby

2. A Day in the Life

3. I Am the Walrus

4. While My Guitar Gently Weeps

5. We Can Work it Out

6. I Want You ( She's So Heavy )

7. Oh Darling

8. She's Leaving Home

9. For No One

10. Strawberry Fields Forever

So those are my approximate top ten. But I loved all their music. I'm an eternally grateful fan. I grew up with the Beatles. Saw Paul McCartney and his band live 3 years ago. A birthday present from my son. He and I rocked out ! A 3 and a half hour concert . 40 songs performed in all - many of the Beatles greats ! Best concert I ever went to ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Regarding Yesterday...

The first Beatles song to feature only one Beatle -- Paul. It caused a minor uproaor among fans. John, George and Ringo didn't mind. (Later, they would care about Paul seemingly wanting to run the group.)

Yesterday is a song that Paul woke up with in his head. He got out of bed, went to the PIANO and started playing it for John. He then asked John, "Who is this? Who did this?" John responded, "I've never heard it." Paul then realized that he had come up with, almost spontaneously.

Yesterday is THE most covered/recorded song of the Beatles, by other musicians. Literally hundreds of people have recorded the song, including Ray Charles.

-LWT

• watson
    watson

Yesterday.....AKA?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

In My Life

I Feel Fine

Don't Let Me Down

Get Back

A Day in the Life

I've Just Seen a Face