A Sad Example of JW Brainwashing /Twisted Thinking

by puppylove 23 Replies latest jw friends

• puppylove
    puppylove

Actually, next time I think I'll just go on and on about how me and my hubby are. How were have soooo enjoyed going to our office holiday parties, the new friends we wen't out with on Sunday, the coctail party we are having on Sunday.

I want to show her that there is life outside of jw-dum.

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama
    C: crap
    C: does that tell you how i feel about it.
    C: it means nothing to me.
    C: nothing
    C: at all

She is so right. Quit being so stubborn and listen, you don't have all the answers "know-it-all".

• avengers
    avengers

I don't want you to talk about it in my house anymore. You are a danger to me and my family. Sound familiar?

• SEAKEN2001
    SEAKEN2001

Ughh, my heart just aches reading this. I never get that far with my wife. She breaks down and runs away crying before she even hears any of the arguments. Let alone read any "apostate" lit!

You may never get to her about her religion. But maybe you can salvage the friendship. Just be careful not to push her away by leaning on her too much. You're the best judge of her character and of how much you can push her. But be careful. You can do permanent harm even if you don't intend it. Go slow. Let the love show above all else. Someday, maybe something will happen in her own life in connection to this religion and she will come to you knowing that she can trust you as someone who loves her. Try your very best to keep that open.

What a complex issue this is. I know how much pain you are in. But it will be alright. You don't have to agree on points of religion to be friends. It's hard but worth the effort if she's truly a good person.

Sean

• puppylove
    puppylove

YoYoMama,

Thank you so much for your obviously well-thought out response.

• Grout
    Grout

Since the JW mindset isn't based on reason, you can't break it with reason.

Look up resources on deprogramming.

--
    Chip Salzenberg: Free-Floating Agent of Chaos

• Seven
    Seven

Hi Pup, By all means focus on the good life you and Ah have now. Stress the friendships and peace of mind you've found outside the borg. You're doing a great job keeping those lines of communication open. It has to be tough. ((Pup}}

Your SIL said the same thing as my brother did after I mentioned the UN scandal. She couldn't "do this anymore" after you approached the subject and my brother didn't want to hear it. I let it slide for a few weeks then emailed some of the info and asked him if he'd please find out if there's any truth to this. Happy ending for me. I hope it happens for you too. Here's hoping someday when the time is right one by one they'll all wake up.

seven

• puppylove
    puppylove

Hi Seven!! How nice of you to remember Ah ha in your answer too!

I tried to AIM her today, but she said she was too busy to talk. Oh well, I just keep praying (to what or whom I don't know LOL) that she will see the light. She really does have a good heart. She was my best friend before she became my SIL. She introduced me to my husband. How sad this all is.

• jurs
    jurs

Puppylove,

I'm glad you posted. Perhaps someone will read this and see how programmed JW's are. The first time I had a conversation (with elders) hoping to reason with them, it became very clear how brainwashed they were. Most of us were once in that same boat and its hard for us to even understand why we couldn't see that someone else (an organization ) did our thinking and programmed our responses for us.
    You don't need to have a conversation with a JW to know exactly how they would respond to each and every question. Its frustrating I'm sure for you.
    Hang in there. I was once proud to be a JW and wouldn't listen to "crap" either. The "facts" that you reminded her of will once in awhile nag at her. Its those nagging "facts" that may one day help her really seek for the truth.
    Take Care JUrs

• ted_and_jackie
    ted_and_jackie

Your conversation sounds just like conversations I used to have with my dad. It would end with him yelling at the top of his lungs that I was a liar. Now we just dont talk about the WTBTS at all.

My dad like your sister -n- law will never see whats really happening until something directly happens to them. Then they will stop and think.

My reality wasnt until a fellow pioneers husband was giving a sunday talk and telling us all not to save for retirement and the future because its not want Jehovhas wants us to do (storing heavenly treasures instead of earthly), when I knew for a fact from his wife what they had been doing to prepare financially for the future just a few days before. I got up walked out, never went back. My eyes were then opened to actually read literature from "apostates." oh no! yikes! And now my family on both sides of my parents call me an apostate and dont talk to me at all. I am dead to them already.

Its sad really..... to them the WTBTS is Jehovah. To go against the society is going against God.

Enough of my rambling. . . Good luck with your sis-n-law.

Jackie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit