WHERE DO THEY GET THIS STUFF FROM???

by whereami 14 Replies latest jw friends

• whereami
    whereami

Illustration aboutobedience given by a brother at a new Kingdom Hall in New England:

Do you realize that in the Bible there are many instances of situations

where Jehovah's people were given directions that made no sense from

a human standpoint and seemed totally illogical?

For instance:

* Abraham sacrificing his only son Isaac;

* Noah building an ark when there had never been a flood;

* Moses having the Israelites march out in battle formation and then marching back in the direction they left..

Pharaoh thought they were crazy and then Moses led them to the Red Sea; Pharaoh thought he could

kill them all as their backs were against the wall (sea).

* Gideon; his army was whittled down to 300 men. With torches and jars they went out to defeat the enemy.

* Jericho; for 6 days they marched around the city once and on the 7th

day they marched seven times and then shouted.

* Jehoshophat who was afraid when the Ammonites & others were coming to annihilate them. He prayed, and

Jehovah said put the singers, women, children in front of the armed forces and go and meet the enemy!

All of these situations were Jehovah's direction but they seemed foolish,

illogical from a human standpoint.It seemed each time as if they would be killed.

Then the brother asked this question:

'Do you have the faith to follow the direction of the faithful slave , in these last days even if you don't understand

what they are asking and it seems as if you will die because the direction is illogical?

Will you quickly obey and trust the channel Jehovah is using ?'

He told us to carefully meditate on that because we will be in a similar

situation in the tribulation where we will think we are facing death, but we need to obey quickly the directions given.'

In his introduction the Br. who had just returned from Bethel, He sent

greetings from the Governing body. And he said the 'Faithful slave' is

very concerned about us. Especially in regards to the Br.& Sis. employment in these hard economic times.

He mentioned that the new meeting arrangement was made because of

upcoming hard times and the strain to make ends meet .

This is a small excerpt of what he said.

'Keep our heads erect and do not gaze about' ..

We don't know what Gasoline will be like in January could be $10 a gallon!

How would the friends be able to travel to meetings?

And also our jobs may be in jeopardy. How would we react if suddenly we lose

our jobs. Would we panic and not come to the meetings?

We need to downsize expenditures and get used to having a little.

He said the 'slave' advised us to read from our KM the 20 minute part.?????

Taken from Oct. 15/2005/P.8-11.

(You have to read that Watchtower. It's a glimpse into what is coming)

He also said we have to be prepare to leave everything, our belongings and be

scattered. He said how would we feel if we found ourselves homeless!! Moses did.

Moses was employed by Pharaoh , had much riches and because of circumstances, he had to be on the run and suddenly he had nothing!

No job, No food, No where to sleep. Moses was basically a homeless person!

(BOY, YOU COULD HEAR A PIN DROP.)

He said we have to have faith and don't be afraid .

Never allow an unexpected incident, including job loss to paralyze you ,

Do everything you can and then Wait on Jehovah silently, and see how He will

come to your aid ...Isaiah 41:10,13 -Lamen. 3:26

• watson
    watson

Very "moving."

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I wonder if some would allow themselves to think that this is exactly the reason why they need to leave this damn cult!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

"Wait on Jehovah silently and see how He will come to your aid."

OK, I saw. He sits up there like a dope and lets calamity come to you, without doing a damn thing about it. After all, He isn't suffering if you are starving, if you get in trouble for vagrancy (including being attacked, kicked out of places where homeless typically congregate, or legal trouble), or you get sick and are suffering intensely. Jehovah Baghead does not give a f*** about your suffering--He isn't going to lift a damn finger.

• thebiggestlie
    thebiggestlie

thats a rather frightening email

c

to the

u

to the

l

to the

t

tbl

• sspo
    sspo

I wonder why the GB were never concerned about the brothers in Europe that have been paying $7-9 a gallon

for the last 10 years.

Never allow an unexpected incident, including job loss to paralyze you ,

Do everything you can and then Wait on Jehovah silently, and see how

He willcome to your aid ...Isaiah 41:10,13 -Lamen. 3:26

I've seen many brothers right here in California that foreclosed on their homes..........i wonder why jehovah did not come to their aid

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

The difference between the Biblical examples and the FDS is paramount! And this speaker/brother wants to encourage "obedience" on the same level? Sickening cult speak.

Jehovah God spoke (through his Word or angels) directly with Abraham, Moses, Noah..etc.

The FDS doesn't claim such. So why should we deem their words as being from God? And if they DID claim such, then that ought to ring some bells.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

To add to Alligator Wisdom's point, notice the the use of passive voice in the initial question:

Do you realize that in the Bible there are many instances of situations where Jehovah's people were given directions that made no sense from a human standpoint and seemed totally illogical?

The question could have easily been phrased "situations where Jehovah gave his people directions", but for some reason that is not how it was phrased. The passive makes it easier to put the F&DS in the same role as Jehovah.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

When I think of benevolent, loving creator I think blind obedience.

• minimus
    minimus

This speaker actually sounded good! If I were a JW sitting there, it would've got me thinking. Yeah, a lot of stuff in the Bible is questionable. A lot appears illogical. Just like "The Slave". Much of what "The Slave" says is illogical and questionable. If it was good enough for Noah, Abraham and Moses, it's good enough for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit