What are your personal guidelines and attitude concerning smoking ?

by caliber 23 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I tried smoking cigarettes and did not get any enjoyment out of it (thankfully, as I've seen what it does to people on a long-term basis). My friends are not limited to non-smokers. Smoking mary jane, on the other hand, did enhance some live music for me (though I haven't done that in years). I do prefer that no one smoke in my house or car and if I'm at a smoky bar for awhile it really bothers my eyes. Just my two cents.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I hated smoke before I became a witless--it stinks. Plus, smoking has numerous health hazards that are well known, it is a complete waste of money and time, and it can ruin things like computers, clothing, and other surfaces around the home. It is dirty, requiring excessive cleaning of walls, clothing, and furniture around. Ashtrays are a pain to keep clean. For me, it is all about the cost exceeding the benefit (which there is none).

But, I will not automatically classify a smoker as wicked. It is more "stupid" now than wicked--just like I always thought of it before becoming a witless.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I too hate smoking..the funny thing is I just quit about 7 months ago..before that I smoked for 5 years and before that quit for 5 years..it has been an on and off thing for me. I really enjoyed it..I was really addicted to the habit of enjoying them at certain times..but I started to see others that were lifetime smokers (relatives and friends) starting to have problems..one just died from smoking related emphesema..a hard way to die..I bet on his deathbed he wouldn't say..I wish I would have smoked another one..he though how stupid I was not to listen to my loved ones..now they have to carry on alone without me. His wife nagged him..to no avail..It's sad that they have to find out at death that the loved ones really did want them to stick around a little longer...that's why they nagged.

My hubby was a witness and one of the women I hung around 's husband started to study...but he smoked..hubby and I and the kids used to like to go camping a lot..hubby was getting into scuba diving. Well this guy wanted to scuba dive too but being a smoker he would be short of breath after a short period of time..and he was only in his 30's...well hubby got him to quit. The bad news is he also got him to be a JW..the good news is he left the religion some 10 years later the bad news is it was because his wife was caught messing around with some of the brothers in the hall...yep more than one...the good new is he found true loved after that..the bad news is that after he left the JW religion and moved away..he started smoking again...

I have joined the ex smoker dreaded lecture giver club...

Snoozy...

• thebiggestlie
    thebiggestlie

smoking is bad

*lights up*

tbl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit