This is where Mary Rutherford lived.

by VM44 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

VM44....In the Moyle trial, William Pratt Heath Jr. had this to say about Mary Rutherford and the house she lived at:

Q. Mrs. Rutherford, what is her physical condition?

A. She was an invalid for the years I knew the Judge.

Q. Was she maintained in California by the Judge?

A. She had a home there. He provided.

Q. Did Judge Rutherford die with cancer of the rectum, did you say?

A. That is correct.

Q. The house that you have there in California [Beth Sarim], the one on the premises, did you obtain that house and convey it to the Society?

MR. BRUCHHAUSEN: I object to that.

THE COURT: Objection sustianed. (pp. 1324-1325)

This last question about Beth Sarim is very interesting. I wonder if there were grounds for that question. Heath became a JW in 1932, after the house was deeded and built. Was the question inquiring on the situation after Rutherford's death? Or did Heath possibly "obtain" that house earlier?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

just posting so I can come back later

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Well I was encouraged to look up info on Malcolm..I came up with this...

http://futuretruth.wordpress.com/2008/03/14/resume-re-history-of-rutherford

And it has Leolaia's picture on it.

Snoozy...

• VM44
    VM44

One thing we can conclude.

The Rutherford family was not poor!

"The Judge", his wife, Mary, and his son Malcolm, all had very fine homes.

Of course Judge Rutherford had the biggest and most elaborate one.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

The Rutherford family was not poor!

Good money in running a cult! I'm in the wrong business.

W

• Dunk
    Dunk

Leolaia,

I'm having trouble finding 124/128 N. Eastlake Ave. This was an LA location right? Near University Village?

S

• Dunk
    Dunk

Does anyone know if Malcolm had kids?

S

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

160 N. Primrose Avenue is over the back fence from 159 Stedman Pl. so it wasn't a large move.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Dunk....Today the street is simply called Eastlake, and it now has four-digit addresses rather than the older three-digit system. The ennumeration sheet shows that the Rutherford residence on Eastlake was near Hancock and Altura streets, and this is still the case today. Unfortunately, I do not know what current address the older one corresponds to.

I don't think Malcolm and Pauline had any children. They travelled without children in 1938 and Pauline died in 1948; the California Birth Index shows no births with the mother having the maiden name "Short". Malcolm may have remarried afterward, but I see no evidence of this and I have not seen his obituary.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Black Sheep....Interesting. The earlier move to Primrose in Monrovia from Eastlake, Los Angeles however was a much longer move.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit