I'm mad!!!

by crapola 10 Replies latest jw friends

• crapola
    crapola

I just recieved a call that a man about my age is dying . He has cancer . Anyway my mom works for his mom and he is her only living child. I feel so mad sometimes that a loving God would continue to let these kind of things happen when he has the power to stop all the grief in the world.I know what JW"S have always taught, in his own good time this will end,, well I want it to end now!! To me it's cruel to have the power to do something about all of this misery and then let it continue.Just had to get this off my chest!!!

• sspo
    sspo

That's why i came to the conclusion that God is not really interested in mankind no matter what the bible says.

A loving father would do anything in his power to help his children.

I do not see anything out of the ordinary that God intervenes to help individuals or mankind.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

Why persist in believing in the God myth? Life is much simpler when you accept the fact that you are merely a biological organism which evolved and will die someday. We all die. God's not doing it to us, the degradation of our cells is.

Spend your time living in the moment. Enjoy every day as if it's your last. Live with no regrets and you'll be much happier!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

A war broke out in heaven.

Our real creator cannot get back to us at this time.

In the meantime, these evil angels have taken over and set themselves up as gods.

Jesus came to tell us that he will be back to get us.

There is no paradise earth coming. Only worse and a world that is about to self destruct.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

(((Crapola))) I am so sorry that you are feeling angry at the turn of events....and you do have every right to feel this way. Please don't think I am in any way trying to minimize your feelings, but we humans simply do not know why certain things happen to some nice and caring people, and others seem to live their lives for themselves only, and never seem to suffer any consequences.

It is unfair and it is this frustration that tends to eat away at us....with good reason. We cannot SEE the entire picture of things and cannot see what lies ahead, Sometimes awful things have a way of bringing out the best in others.

This is where our faith comes into play and will sustain us during these times. I don't wish to get into any heated debate now, with posters on the "why's and wherefore's" of faith, either we have it or we don't. I'm not here to PUSH my faith on this post. I merely wanted to present another view on this and send kind words and a hug.

hugs,

Annie

• crapola
    crapola

Dear Sunspot

Thank you for your encouraging words. You're right, we can't see the big picture sometimes because we are so focused on the present painful situation that we might be in.I appreciate you taking time to send the thoughtful words.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

I stopped blaming God for everything. It made no sense in the long run. It was all too random to be controlled or "a judgement" or whatever. My 44 year old sister in law died a couple years ago of pancreatic cancer. She was a devout, God loving, wonderful mother, director of the choirs...loving wife...no reason why God would let her suffer and have to leave her very young children like that. And the reason is because He didnt. He doesnt have a hand in our diseases, our suffering, our good things, our bad things, our luck or lack thereof.

Every time I see an athlete from the winning team kissing their fingers and gesturing to God as if God himself gave him that touchdown or victory...I cringe. Oh please. We are alone down here. God created us...set us spinning out here. And that was it. His involvement stopped there. I hate that I have come to that conclusion, but nothing else makes sense.

Im soooooo sorry your friend is suffering as will his family with this illness.

• crapola
    crapola

Well, the poor man died last night. His mom has no other close family. It's so sad.

• oompa
    oompa

if he is still there....i agree a hundred percent...i agree..........so sorry..........oomps

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

craps,

That's the reason you need to come down and see us this weekend. Seriously, tell the Ol' Man to stick it, and get down here. Enjoy life while you can.

Love You

M.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit