Should I tell my wife the meeting has been cancelled?

by JimmyPage 15 Replies latest social humour

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Technically it hasn't but we did have an ice storm. If I told her I got a call that there was no meeting maybe she'd stay home and watch "American Idol" or something fun heheh. Personally I think it should automatically be cancelled for the elderly's sake. Don't you know there are some diehards out there who would make themselves go out of fear of the big A and then break a hip!

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I kinda hope they don't call the meeting off so I can have some me time...LOL

• undercover
    undercover

But if you told her that they cancelled the meeting and then she finds out later they did have it (Oh Sister Page, you missed such a wonderful Service Meeting part the other night), methinks you'd have hell to pay...

• crapola
    crapola

I'll bet your wife is smart enough to realize how dangerous it would be to get out for a meeting during an ice storm anyway, so you probably won't have to say a thing.

• sacolton
    sacolton

She has to go ... her salvation depends on it!!!

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Crapola please see Sacolton's response LOL!

• crapola
    crapola

I just did!!! You two are something else!

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Yay! The meeting has been cancelled! Now I don't have to lie!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You can still lie.........Tell her the meeting is back on!

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• sacolton
    sacolton

Yeah, you can pull a Watchtower on her and tell her the meeting isn't cancelled. She'll get dressed up, bundled up and slip and slide to the Kingdom Hall and discover it dark and closed. Fuming, she'll come home and demand why you lied. You just say, "I never said the meeting wasn't cancelled. You should blame yourself because you had too much zeal. Kinda like how the Watchtower treated their members for 1975."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit