Sir David Attenborough gets hate mail from viewers...who believe in Creation

by Latte 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Latte
    Latte

Attenborough gets hate mail from viewers

Tue Jan 27 11:54AM by TV Editor

Recent articles

Sir David Attenborough has revealed that he gets hate mail from viewers for not crediting God in his documentaries.

The veteran broadcaster, who is presenting a new series on Charles Darwin, said that he has received letters telling him to burn in hell because of his views on evolution.

He told Radio Times that he is often asked why he does not credit God when talking about some of the creatures featured on his shows: "They always mean beautiful things like hummingbirds. I always reply by saying that I think of a little child in east Africa with a worm burrowing through his eyeball.

"The worm cannot live in any other way, except by burrowing through eyeballs. I find that hard to reconcile with the notion of a divine and benevolent creator."

He also revealed that he doesn't think creationism should be taught alongside evolution in schools and added: "It's like saying that two and two equals four, but if you wish to believe it, it could also be five.

"Evolution is not a theory; it is a fact, every bit as much as the historical fact that William the Conqueror landed in 1066."

Are you shocked to hear that Sir David receives hate mail? What do you think of his views?

• Latte
    Latte

Here is the linl to the article....

http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/blog/article/104744/

• Caedes
    Caedes

The actions of these fundamentalists seems to be getting more and more common. I suppose it is the last stand as these bigots realise they have lost the argument.

As Ghandi said "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

• ninja
    ninja

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article855953.ece

would this be the same david attenborough who is calling for population control/reduction?....along with al gore,maurice strong (interesting guy), hilary clinton,prince philip,henry kissinger.....

"useless eaters" everywhere ......beware.....they are coming for you

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

It doesn't surprise me at all.

In the U.S. fully 1/2 of the population believes that it is possible they will see Armageddon in their lifetimes. With that many nuts running around what do you expect.

It does all of us well to realize that the fundies are always just hairsbreadth away from wresting the control of our society from the rationalists and the moderates.

That's why, as much of a pain-in-the-ass as it is, all of us who care about this kind of stuff need to be politically active and support organizations like American Atheists, Freedom From Religion Foundation, Center for Inquiry, Godless Americans, and other humanist organizations that fight against the injection of religion into government and politics.

• Caedes
    Caedes
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article855953.ece
    would this be the same david attenborough who is calling for population control/reduction?....along with al gore,maurice strong (interesting guy), hilary clinton,prince philip,henry kissinger.....
    "useless eaters" everywhere ......beware.....they are coming for you

Rhetorical question aside what does Attenborough's views on population control have to do with the topic?

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

It's so easy to reduce humanity on earth to mere chance, one element of humanity having more power or will to survive over another. By thus doing you actually de-humanise and make it easier to excuse the death of 'lesser' humans.

My friend ninja, while a cider drinking Glaswegian, makes a very good point.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I should also say on the topic of Attenborough getting hate mail, "boo hoo".

• besty
    besty
    It's so easy to reduce humanity on earth to mere chance

Can you define humanity as you have used it here?

Do you mean the human race, or human nature or the human condition, or some combination thereof?

• ninja
    ninja

seedy...you connect the dots......as to what agenda is being subtly introduced.................................<<dots

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit