I should probably go to bed now.
    nj

Me too! Glad I'm not the only one!

• free2think
    free2think

OMG so did i.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

LOL - priest I don't know if that's good or bad At least I don't feel stoopid alone.

nj

• annalice
    annalice

I remember when denim became the devils fabric. Oh boy did you get some looks of disaproval if you dared wear it . It had its own rules, if it was real heavy weight denim that was a no no, but, if it was more of a lightweight softer finish denim then you could get away with it. It was also tolerated if the skirt was a more tailored long straight style as oppossed to the more casual full flared skirt. I was such a rebel for wearing a denim skirt. Maybe I will go to the memorial with a denim skirt with smurfs printed all over it. AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

We had big denim police in our congregation. The congregation's territory is relatively rural and I felt it was more appropriate to wear an ankle length denim skirt with boots than a meeting dress to the door. I thought this was actually a good example because when I came to this hall other sisters wore a lot of tight, clingy, short outfits to go walk through the mud and talk to a farmer. So they had a local needs talk about dress and do you think they spoke to the clingy, short and tight? No, it was a talk about the evils of DENIM! So I tried a few skirts that were denim but not blue, like a brown denim skirt. Well, it apparently was so scandalous that it could not wait until the next local needs, the comments about denim (the too casual) fabric had to be interwoven in Watchtower comments by certain elders. I didn't rock the boat anymore, I did not wear denim again. But I did have a denim purse, I am a rebel!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit