How are the Denim Police in your area?

by Open mind 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Open mind
    Open mind

Our CO will not let the No Denim at Bethel prohibition die.

In recent visits to nearby congos he has made it VERY clear that denim is not to be worn at meetings or in field circus.

If any of the "aged women" notice younger women wearing the forbidden fabric, they are to speak with them.

Anything like this happen in your area?

om

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

What is so RIDICULOUS is that they are saying that jehoobie is

Squirming at the sight of a woman or man in clothes made of BLUE cotton cloth.

I bet if a sista went to Beth Hell in a white skirt made of "Serge de Nimes" nobody would even notice.

Of course jehoobie also gets giant hives seeing a woman eating with each leg clad in a tube of cloth, instead of in

the easy access to baby grobag skirt so beloved of the Gibberin buddy.

HB

• blondie
    blondie

Sometimes a certain CO would have this as his pet peeve. We just wore denim skirts, denim dresses, and so what. What place does a sister have counseling a married sister (isn't the husband the head?) and with single women, who put women in charge over them, aren't the elders supposed to be in charge?

• wobble
    wobble

Somebody on another thread asked what was the difference between jumped up idiots like that C.O and the Pharasees, I think the Pharasees were just slightly preferable to todays Denim Police.

It's laughable they have major problems with retention and they go and throw away the tiny bit of credibility they had with worrying about the tenth of the Dill.

What a load of plonkers!!!!

Love

Wobble

• still_in74
    still_in74

i was in one KH where denim was forbidden, another sisters were wearing whole denim dresses. Its just another typical example of how some people like to impose their own opinions on other people.

this religion is so childish......... i cant believe some of the petty things JW's nit-pick about, just have some fun once in your life!

• Open mind
    Open mind

LOL @ Hamsterbait:

each leg clad in a tube of cloth

Blondie:

You certainly haven't forgotten the pecking order Blondie! I failed to make clear in my OP that the "younger women" would need to be single for an "aged women" to approach them. (Titus 2:3) But yeah, if any married denim wearers need a smackdown, their hubby is to be notified.

wobble:

"they go and throw away the tiny bit of credibility "

Yeah, that was pretty much the consensus even among the local dubs. Is this what a CO REALLY, needs to be addressing? REALLY?!?

om

• crapola
    crapola

I used to wear a denim dress out in service and to the book study. No one ever said anything.

• watson
    watson
    notified

LOL.

• yknot
    yknot

I haven't had the pleasure as of yet.......

I went to some but not all of our CA recently and saw plenty of denim dresses and skirts.....

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Umm ? I'm wondering if this no denim policy has something to do with security, in away that it would make

it easier to identify unwelcome non-JWS that may have entered the facilities.

Its a possibility.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit