X-Witnesses and Faders - have you had a help them return visit yet?

by eyeslice 26 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I can't say if it was a "help them return visit" or not but the new PO and his wife did drop in an he started rambling a little and I stopped the conversation by saying I wasn't interested, end of conversation.

• Cynisister
    Cynisister

Hello all,

The PO spoke with my hubby at a recent meeting and asked if they could just stop by to see me. He said "I wouldn't" (we have nice, big, barking dogs that would never let them through the gate.) So they phoned me and asked if they could come that Wed. nite. Now, this PO and his family have been good friends with us and our son for almost 30 years, so it was a bit uncomfortable for him when I said "No, I'm not wanting to have that conversation." There was silence for a beat of about 5 seconds, then he said he'll call sometime in the future to check. I told him he could do that if he wishes.

Then I told my husband what I said and he just said OK, whatever you want. He now knows he will not be able to persuade me into going to the KH, meetings, assemblies, etc. ever again, and isn't sure what to make of all that.

My son, recently divorced, is a "secret fader", and he is the one who told me I don't have to comply with anything the elders ask. I have taken that to heart and realized that I no longer respect the "authority" of the WTS and its reps. What a great feeling that is after 59 years of being in the BORG and to crawl out from that pressure!

Best to all!

Cynisister

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I haven't had a visit in over two years. I think, like Oompa, the local elders are frightened of me because I know too much of what has gone on in the past and somehow seem to find out everything that still goes on, as many of the old 'friends' still confide in me.

My wife is still a model Witness. She attends all the meeting and goes out in field service and is always available to help other sisters in the congregation. She is no way dogmatic or pushy about her religious views. But since I have stepped down as an elder she hasn't had any recognition for all her hard work. I had a go at a coupe of elders about this the last time they visited me, why they had never asked her to do a Service Meeting demo since I stepped down, why no one pops in for coffee when they are on the ministry, etc. but all I got was slightly guilty looks.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

You know...anybody who hasnt been living under a rock for the last 15 years, knows you can find damn near anybody on the internet if you REALLY wanted to find them.

That whole "worried about threats to spirituality" is just an excuse NOT to go talk to "lost ones". The elders dont want to go do this. They dont want to do this any more than most of us really wanted to talk to people out in service. They just DONT WANT to do it.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Not me. And I don't care.

• mvs
    mvs

I received a call that Sunday that they would really love to have me there. I did go, but didn't see anything different same stuff.

The Elder conducting the Watchtower gave a couple of scuses "If someone has not been visited is because we are so busy", etc.
    He added "we are so close to the end, and is important to come back to Jehovah, blah blah, blah" I had a hard time staying awake....

• out4good3
    out4good3

the weekend before the article was to be studied, my wife was studying the article in bed. I could tell that something was bothering her and as I''d seen her with all her "publications" out, I had an inkling of what it was.

Tired, sitting in bed, coming down off a very tough day at work, she just blurts out, "Why don't you want to go to meetings anymore....just what is it?"

And just as succinctly, tired, I blurt out, in so many words, "I just don't believe any of it anymore!"

Yep.......went right over there and kicked the shit out of that 300 pound gorilla in the room!!!!

Boy, was she furious at me for the next couple of days. But she finally came off her anger enough to talk to me a few days later where I reiterated to her that I wasn't looking for anyone else out there, that i was committed to our marriage, and that I would continue to take care of her and respect and support her activities, so long as they are kept in perspective.

Since then, we've been able to talk more openly then I would've believe possible had I not kicked that gorilla. I've told her the reasons why I don't believe, she understood and reiterated to me why she believes and since then, we've respected each others stand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit