X-Witnesses and Faders - have you had a help them return visit yet?

by eyeslice 26 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

With the Watchtower study about helping 'lost sheep' return, I have been half expecting a visit. I have mentally rehearsed how I should handle the situation, which is fairly tricky as I still have family in

But no call yet. I just don't think they are really bothered - they just give lip service to love and concern but in reality they just answer what is expected at the Watchtower study. They are no different from any other 'Sunday Christians'.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I don't think most elders can be bothered until the CO comes and puts the pressure on. They're probably secretly jealous of all your free time.

W

• yknot
    yknot

Here is what was suppose to be done in my KH...............

We were suppose to make list of all we had studied with but that had not been ready to accept the 'troof' and hand them over to the Elders.

The Elders were suppose to make list based on files (and memory) of those who went missing and to inquire if anyone knew the whereabouts of the MIA Dubs.

We the congregation was also to list anyone who had moved away but came back and forgot to move their pub card .

Afterwards the Elders were suppose to assign pioneer teams for recon/intelligence missions....... no teams to my knowledge have been sent yet.

There is strong concern about running into apostasy and the effects it might have on 'honesthearted ones' of our little KH.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Nope at least not yet, the elders have my email address, they did not even email me.

• crapola
    crapola

I had a visit from a sister. I was'nt home so she left a note. So I called her and the conversation was very strained. We used to be best friends but it is so different now. There was nothing said about the meetings or why I was'nt going,that seemed kinda strange. She had'nt been to my house in over a year so I guess she was asked to pay me a visit. I'm just wondering if she was relieved to find me not at home.

• alanv
  • Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

well they don't know where I am anymore so if they find me it will be an accident. In Winnipeg it was an accident and I did my witnessing back to them and they sen t the elders but they still didn't know who I was.

Now way back when I was living in Montreal for 15 years after I left they knew exactly where I was and I never had an elder's visit. I'm one they don't want back in case the cover-up gets out. And they know I would never be quiet

• alanv
    alanv

I too have family in the borg and so far my fade has been successful. If I did get a call from the elders there is nothing I would like more than to tell them all the things I have learned about the Watchtower and it's governing body since leaving. However I realize I would immediately be dis fellowshipped for rejecting 'Jehovah's arrangement' so I won't do that as it would make it so hard to talk to my witnee son.

So how about if I said when asked what I think of the governing body, I say, I think they are trying very hard to do the right thing but unfortunately they have made some errors along the way. Of course nobody's perfect and they do mean well. I will be back as soon as they have got everything straight.

That way I feel I am not having a go at them and most elders would admit there has been some errors along the way. If all else fails I could simply say I am too spiritually sick to come back at the moment but thanks for the call.

What do you guys think? Would it work?

• wobble
    wobble

It's amazing how many of us are in an awkward position if we do get a call coz we still have family in and we don't want to be cut offf from them.

It's a right bugger really coz I would like to thrash it out with all my family and free them up,but some of them I think really need to be in for a while.

My sister (Pioneer for over 40 years,most of them as a "Special"), wrote to me,told me what convinces her and I am composing a reply that challenges all she says but that I hope is not enough to get me busted, difficult !

My other sister waded into me the other day with a Dubby-Culty rant, both of these actions prompted by the WT article.

It is noteworthy that the two brothers who came to "help" me last year (separately) have not been near. I left them both with a different question

which if answered would have proved that Dubs were God's org, do you think they are having trouble answering???

Love

Wobble

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

No calls. No visits. No knock on the door. Not even a glimpse of a WTS employee walking on the street. sammieswife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit