School apologizes for 100-0 victory

by keyser soze 20 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

When someone continuously sucks at what they're doing, it's time to get a new job. Maybe the dumb losers will get the hint that they just simply SUCK!

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

"When someone continuously sucks at what they're doing, it's time to get a new job. Maybe the dumb losers will get the hint that they just simply SUCK!"

That's another lesson sports can teach you. Sometimes you will never be good enough... and your options are to either embrace suckitude, or find something else to do.

• minimus
    minimus

Yes. "Suckitude".

• John Doe
    John Doe

It's a sad day when people apologize for an honest win. This is a reflection of a deeper problem with our touchy feely society.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I just think running a full court press and firing up three pointers when you're up by 60 points is ridiculous, but apparently I'm alone on this.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

You haven't really addressed whether it is condescending by offering to forfeit the game after the fact.

Yes it is. I don't recall ever saying the game should be forfeited, in fact I said the opposite in my initial post. I was merely pointing out the poor sportsmanship involved in not letting up when you have a team already demoralized. Watch any college or pro basketball game and tell if they run a full court press on teams when they have such a large lead. You don't have to stop playing, but there's no reason to further humiliate a team who isn't on the same level as you.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

You're not alone keyzer...what were they thinking piling it on like that? Very poor sportsmanship.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Maybe, they should have switched to volleyball. Girls' volleyball is always entertaining, no matter who wins;)

S

• beksbks
    beksbks

I don't know the particulars here, but why were they even matched up against each other??? Sounds like it was Penn State Vs. Podunk High.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Dyslexia has nothing to do with how well you play basketball. These girls can't score a single point? It ain't rocket science. Learn how to make a basket or don't play at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit