Sin

by desib77 29 Replies latest jw friends

• desib77
    desib77

This is along the same lines as the hell post and is also a serious question.

How do you view sin? Especially those of you are are Christians? For example, if I do something that I know is wrong but make the choice to do it anyway is that an "unpardonable sin" (ref. the article in the hell thread)? What determines which sins are forgivable and which are not?

Just curious about other peoples thoughts on this.

Desi

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Sin? Based on what grounds?

• desib77
    desib77

biblical

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Biblical? Like fairy tale biblical?

• desib77
    desib77

yup, just like that.

• desib77
    desib77

just assume that you believed that the Bible was the word of God that instructed people on how to live their lives. What, hypothetically, would you think constituted an unforgivable sin and which would you think are forgivable?

• Dune
    Dune

Sin = Human Nature.

Just a part of who we are.

• cluless
    cluless

On a broad spectrum I dont think its for us to judge.

On a pesonal level we make personal choices and act accordingly.Thats why we have prisons and therapists and......

• desib77
    desib77

Wouldn't knowing lead us to make different decisions than if we didn't know?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Sin is what it is, an invention of man designed for control. By extension, the punishment for man invented sin by some is man invented hell.

Knowing that some people talk about and teach sin would have an effect on individuals if one would invest belief in what they are selling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit