Name Things Witnesses Do or Believe That Is Not "Scriptural"

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Counting and reporting time spent in the ministry. Show me where that's at in the Bible. And then using it as the main basis for appointment as an MS or elder.

• XxJazzxX
    XxJazzxX

Disfellowshipping(or Disassociation) should go to the extent of either gross sexual immorality or blasphemy. However, they DF their members on trivial things such as smoking and blood transfusions.

• besty
    besty

be more specific Minimus - we need sub categories here :-)

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

They don't pray to Jesus.

Acts 7:59; John 14:14

• parakeet
    parakeet

Besides their multitude of petty, unscriptural rules, dubs are not scriptural or even Christian because:

1. They do not worship God; they worship the WTS.

2. They do not do unto others as they would have others do unto them.

• bob1999
    bob1999

"dubs are not scriptural or even Christian because:"

They are not "in Christ". Not part of the new covenant. According to the WTS only the 144,000 are in Christ.

Peace

• parakeet
    parakeet

bob1999 wrote: "They are not "in Christ". Not part of the new covenant. According to the WTS only the 144,000 are in Christ."

Don't follow. It's a distinction without a difference. All dubs call themselves Christian, not just the 144,000 (and counting). I don't even know what "in Christ" means. How is that different from being Christian?

• minimus
    minimus

WOKEUP----very good list!

• bob1999
    bob1999

"I don't even know what "in Christ" means. How is that different from being Christian?"

Romans 6:3-11

Romans 8:1 nwt "in union with Christ"

But the WTS teaches that only the 144000 are part of the new covenant.

And only the 144000 can partake of the emblems.

I can only deduce that the WTS thinks that only the 144000 are "in Christ".

Peace

• bob1999
    bob1999

""I don't even know what "in Christ" means. How is that different from being Christian?""

I didn't state my position. I think the bible teaches that to be a Christian a person has to be "in Christ"

Peace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit