The Obama Prayerfest......freaked me out.......

by oompa 11 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

I don't know about you.....but this past 24 hours in DC gives me the heebie jeebies!.....i can not believe all these frikkin prayers/public talks?....except for the whacky black preacher that mentioned every skin color....these guys sounded JUST LIKE big whig elders at conventions that had already ran overtime and they needed to rehash the entire convention....and that thank god for everything but ingrown toenails....and BEG him to help us...protect us from ebil Satan....and heal our elderly and our hemorids............oompa

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I think we got a good dose of how powerful religion really is in America......to watch the leaders of our country sit and listen to what and more importantly how and the tone that Sharon E Watkins delivered her service~~ I felt was the very reason why the governments will turn on religion some day, if it ever does.

Obama seems to be a sponge in so many ways, and a real man set on what he knows is right not allowing himself to be swayed. Although, by his expressions, I felt like he was agreeable to what could be agreed on, I also felt like he had a hard time sitting through the whole National Prayer Service this morning.

purps

• ninja
    ninja

obama will do what he is told to ................

• blondie
    blondie

Isn't Congress opened every day with a prayer?

http://chaplain.house.gov/

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Isn't Congress opened every day with a prayer?

It has always been this way, if I recall correctly.

BTS

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Oompa,

It could have been worse. They could have asked Jeremiah Wright to say the prayer and give a little sermon.

-LWT

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

There are some definitely old staid traditions involved with the inauguration of the President and I'm sure they would be hard and

troublesome to change if somone wanted to. The president still has to keep in mind his popularism within his colleagues.

One thing to note is all of those prayers during GW inauguration didn't help GW administration the least, maybe the States

isn't god's chosen country after all.

I don't think God liked GW

• hihopes2008
    hihopes2008

It was all for show!!!!

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

I agree with the for show part.....kinda reminds me of this scripture in Matthew chapter 6 (from the NWT)

6 “Take good care not to practice YOUR righteousness in front of men in order to be observed by them;
    otherwise YOU will have no reward with YOUR Father who is in the heavens

Also, when YOU pray, YOU must not be as the hypocrites; because they like to pray standing in the synagogues
    and on the corners of the broad ways to be visible to men. Truly I say to YOU, They are having their reward in full.
    6 You, however, when you pray, go into your private room and, after shutting your door, pray to your Father who
    is in secret; then your Father who looks on in secret will repay you. 7 But when praying, do not say the same things
    over and over again, just as the people of the nations do, for they imagine they will get a hearing for their use of many words

• John Doe
    John Doe

The day when people collectively move beyond such lunacy will be a true milestone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit