My sister called! I've written her a letter...

by Confession 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Great letter, Jon. Your letter to your mother really helped me as I started my exit from the WTS back in April/May of 2008. Much appreciated.

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

Great letter with important points. Please let us know if you get any positive feedback from her.

• Confession
    Confession

Thanks for your comments, folks. Some of you have been very supportive for a long time. Glad to hear the letter to my mother had been helpful to you, PP. I've added the following sentence to the letter to my sister...

B___, I’ve tried to think of a diplomatic way of writing this, but I think I’ll just ask for your understanding as I try to state this as simply as possible: I know what you know, but you don’t know what I know.

It's going out today, along with the comprehensive "Letter to my Mother."

Best,

Confession

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Well thought out. Keep us informed if this 'planted seed' should grow and be patient for it to do so.

Outaservice

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

I wish I could write so eloquently as you are doing in your letter.

I certainly wish I could speak like that too.

Very good.

Thank you.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Good luck bro.

You do have a knack for putting both your feelings and insight into words. Very eloquent.

• startingover
    startingover

Excellent letter!

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Love the letter. I am going to have it handy. I may need it :)

• Confession
    Confession

Well I delayed my letter beyond the day I thought I was going to send it, but it's been over four weeks now, and there's been no reply of any sort. So she must have either...

1) Thrown it out without reading it.
    2) Thrown it out after having read some or all of it.
    3) Set it aside for another time.

I'm guessing number two is the most likely.
    Confession

• garybuss
    garybuss

If I could turn back the clock, I'd write every letter I wrote, but I'd wait a minimum of three years before mailing them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit