Egyptian Mystery Schools

by cameo-d 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

What kind of subjects do you think they taught?

Do you think they are still around in our time...but maybe underground...or a different name?

What was criteria for acceptance in Egyptian Mystery school?

What did they accomplish with this education?

• ninja
    ninja

whatever was taught must have had some importance for the likes of plato to travel to egypt for initiation......and the bangles to "walk like an egyptian"....he he

• only me
    only me

I think the Rosecrucians have some Egyptian beliefs but I'm only vaguely familiar with them.

I read some things about them when I was studying another group.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

btt

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

They taught that Jesus Christ was just a bad copy of Horus, the true man-god

• ninja
    ninja

cammy...ever read "the secret teachings of all ages"?.....

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Like, this is what they studied:

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

cammy...ever read "the secret teachings of all ages"?.....

Is that a Russell Rainbow book?

Was he initiated in the mystery school when he went off to measure pyramids?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

The Ancient Mystical Order Rosæ Crucis (AMORC), also called Rosicrucian Order, is a philosophical and humanist worldwide fraternal organization . Members are known as students. The organization states it is devoted to "the study of the elusive mysteries of life and the universe".

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

The name AMORC is an abbreviation for the Latin title Antiquus Mysticusque Ordo Rosæ Crucis.

The organization's traditional and authentic Latin name is Antiquus Arcanus Ordo Rosæ Rubeæ et Aureæ Crucis (AAORRAC), which translates in English to Ancient and Secret Order of the Red Rose and of the Golden Cross.

Traditionally, the AMORC version of Rosicrucianism traces its origin to the mystery schools or secret schools of learning established in Egypt during the reign of Pharaoh Thutmose III, about 1500 B.C.

These schools were formed to probe into "the mysteries of life" — in other words, natural phenomena. Over centuries of time, these Mystery Schools gradually evolvedinto real centers of learning and from Egypt, they spread into Greece, and thence into Rome. During the Middle Ages they were concealed under various names due to the prevailing circumstances of the times.

AMORC also claims that Rosicrucianism is mentioned as far back as 1115 CE in a book of the collection of Brother Omnis Moriar in Germany.

In 1776, the Rosicrucians under the guise of Illuminati ........ began a cycle of activity which coincided with the American Revolution and culminated with the reign of terror of the French Revolution and the ascent to power of Napoleon Bonaparte ,.......

After 1900 A.D., many prominent persons among whom were I. K. Funk, president of the Funk and Wagnalls Publishing Co., "Fra" Elbert Hubbard of the Roycrofters who became an uncle to L. Ron Hubbard , founder of Scientology .......were all active in establishing the new cycle of activity of the Rosicrucian Order in America.

..... It should be mentioned as much as it is news worthy that Walt Disney was once a member of AMORC as was Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry and Jack Palance 's daughter Holly Palance . [19]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Mystical_Order_Rosae_Crucis

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit