Whoooooooooo hoooooooooooooooo eeeeeeeeeee!!!

by beksbks 43 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    whoooopty wow. i just hope he lied about all his campaign promises like most politicians do.

It should be easy, he made more promises as a first term candidate than the previous two presidents combined. This site is tracking them:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/

BTS

• chickpea
    chickpea

The oath or affirmation of office of the President of the United States was established in the United States Constitution and is mandatory for a President upon beginning a term of office. The wording is prescribed by the Constitution (Article II, Section 1, Clause 8), as follows:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States.

it was robert's boo boo.....

that being said

i took my youngest kid out of school...
    we went to a local venue that was hosting
    an "end of an error" party with big screen
    viewing of the ceremonies...

the older boy had finals
    and i told him his president
    would want him to take his
    academics seriously
    (he seriously was not that
    interested in the event)

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

I start to understand why I love America

• beksbks
    beksbks
    Is it just me or did Cheney in a wheelchair remind you of Mr. Potter from "It's a Wonderful Life"?

Ohhh hell yes!!!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Obama is strong on vision and transparency..........equal to as much as Bush has been weak on vision and transparency.....as we celebrate the hope and the opportunity.....(I love this)...............it is now time to watch the promise unfold.....................it will or it won't.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Welcome back Bizzy!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Thank you, beks. What an incredible moment in history....................where is the negative right tonight?

• beksbks
    beksbks

Drowning thier sorrows.

• JeffT
    JeffT

"Drowning thier sorrows."

Or perhaps just letting you guys enjoy the moment before you wake up in the morning and realize you have to run the country now.

Seriously, I managed to catch his speech between dropping my grandaughter off at school and getting to work. I thought it was one of the best such speeches I've heard in a long time.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Five years ago! And how's that working out for y'all?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit