I was told off twice for what I wore to Bethel....so the Hell with them!

by Witness 007 44 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

"What to wear when visiting Bethel" brochure!

alt

alt

alt

alt

N.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

What I found in many of the Bethel policies, such as the "dress and grooming", were based on a simple fact. It is so difficult to clean the INSIDE of the cup, let's just polish up the OUTSIDE so that it looks clean.

(Matthew 23:25-26) 25"Woe to YOU, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU cleanse the outside of the cup and of the dish, but inside they are full of plunder and immoderateness. 26Blind Pharisee, cleanse first the inside of the cup and of the dish, that the outside of it also may become clean.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Okay the Sisters in this brochure have skirts that are an eyesore! It looks like my anionted mum made them! The young folks called "sloppy and undignified"......WTF....have they heard of Grunge! And there is an African couple who look great but are allowed to wear Moo Moo's which is what I would like to wear to Bethel damn it! My new bed-spread and a belt!

• loosie
    loosie

Wow that young sister in the pink sweater on the cover of the brochure is never going to find a man dressed like that.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

As a native of New York City, I feel obligated to point out that this took place in AUSTRALIA, a land populated by the descendants of lunatics and the criminally insane. Behavioral characteristics include fanatical devotion to particular styles of footwear.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Dang. The WTS wants to regulate EVERYTHING in the lives and grooming of dubs. Why did they quote that scripture about not "stumbling" anyone in their Pharisaic brochure? Are they afraid that a worker in Bethel, which is the spiritual vortex of God's Holy Spirit in the entire UNIVERSE might get "stumbled" because some visiting female dub wore slacks?

Geeeeeessh!

Farkel

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Hey Farkel, the newboys working near the tour route will be "stumbled" over their own ackward teenage feet to get a view of some extra cleavage or thigh from any sparsely clad "sister" passing by. And sisters can't wear slacks or they'll be mistaken for brothers. And some brothers in pants will be mistaken for sisters wearing slacks.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: And sisters can't wear slacks or they'll be mistaken for brothers.

Boy, those Bethel boys need to get out in the daylight more often!

Farkel

• 1914BS
    1914BS

can you say - cult?

• Angry_Kangaroo
    Angry_Kangaroo

"Wow that young sister in the pink sweater on the cover of the brochure is never going to find a man dressed like that."

I agree loosie. The mom looks less buttoned up than she does!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit